View Poll Results: Midnight Madness for Iowa?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

36 70.59%
  • NO

15 29.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Should Iowa have a Midnight Madness?

Do we not also have in the plans to update Carver and hang some lux boxes ? As far as support, I think it will come back. We do need some wins. We also need to get the students involved, Granted they are not big contributers, but they can change the atmosphere, Carver. Last year the ISU game had a great atmosphere. Of course Demi was there

Freshman

Yes, then the knitting lady could come and get started on her knitting early.

Freshman

Yes, the facilities are key. The football program is known for having one of the best in the conference and we have gained recruits based off them. If we want our Basketball Team to compete for Big 10 Titles, we need to invest in them like we did for Football. Spend the money and upgrade facilities so they don't have to share gym time with other University Teams. Having a seperate practice gym, strength room, offices, etc to stand out as a priority will help greatly. Granted, we still need to win to increase recruiting efforts, but having the facilities and other items to show recruits that we are serious about Basketball and that this isn't just a Football school.

Senior

Quote Originally Posted by okeefe4prez View Post
    Well, when your fans run off a coach who was 152-106 and a legend at coaching in March when it really mattered (look at the B10 Tourney record) and replace him with a guy who is 28-35 with some really ugly losses, the fans disappearing is to be expected. If we can bring back Steve, I think we can turn it around, but with Lickliter there, no marketing gimmicks will bring people back. The program is toast.
    My sarcasm detector is turned off right now, so I hope your post was tongue-in-cheek. If not...go away Steve. Don't you have a job to do somewhere in the desert?

No one will show up - it would be embarrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkhawk View Post
    Start winning consistently and re-build the Program to where it was 2002 or Tom Davis-era.......and then you will raise the excitement for Iowa Basketball!!!

Which came first chicken or egg?

This is kind of an event geared for students and last season the students mostly did not attend the games. Might be kind of embarassing to hold this and have very few students show up. Alford's first year it was a great event and they gave away a car to a student.

They should have it, but would anyone come?????

I say Yes.. I feel Iowa Basketball will return soon...

Freshman

not sure what they should do now.

I do remeber the black and gold blowout in S.A.'s first season....they had pyrotechnics going when steve was introduced(even then i found this a little over the top) Carver was pretty full and went nuts...i seem to recall it was a pretty succesful event.
    Not saying Iowa should do this again by any means. Just a memory

Yes. They need to generate some excitement. We could have a 3 point contest!

Senior

NO!!! Start winning games, that will generate the appropriate excitement. With this coach and his dismal performance, I find more people with NO expectations for this program, and its SAD. Wins are needed, a midnight marketing ploy is wasted money and time.

Banned

Yes. Iowa needs to get some people excited for hoops. It might not be well attended, but it's worth a shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12