Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Andre McDonald

  1. #16
    Graduate BLKNGOLD48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bushwood
    Posts
    985

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by SECisCRAP View Post
    If we grab Mcdonald I wont feel so bad when Darboh goes to ND.
    Word on the street is UM is in the lead for his services, ND is probably #2 at this point. Alot can change, but that is the latest.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

  2. #17

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSash View Post
    Rivals shows them with 2 WR commits. No idea how many they're looking for.
    And a kid listed as CB who is 6'4" 185#. I bet he's a WR as well. T. Powell.

  3. #18
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fairbank, IA
    Posts
    10,843

    Re: Andre McDonald

    how many hail mary's would I have to pray to get this done?

  4. #19

    Re: Andre McDonald

    One of the deals there is that Michigan has 2 WR spots yet to fill. Darboh is considered to be one of their top targets.

    I'd love for Iowa to land Darboh ... however, Iowa's best shot to that end is if ND and Michigan fill up first. And, to be honest, that definitely could happen.

    However, all the same, I think that Iowa will land some mighty fine WRs in this years recruiting class. We've already landed a very good one in Wilson and if you can trust twitter we're likely going to land Lile and he's another good one. That then leaves us having to fill 1 or 2 more WR spots.

    I'd love for us to land McDonald ... and to our luck, we seem to have a decent shot of landing him.

    Thus, that would maybe leave needing to fill one more WR spot. Considering the quality guys who we have offers out to ... Chesson, Severin, Golden, and I. Thomas ... I'm inclined to believe that it's not a stretch to believe that we could land one of them.

    I consider it exciting that we might be able to fill our needs at WR with guys who are all high on our recruiting board!

  5. #20

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by homerHAWKeye777 View Post
    One of the deals there is that Michigan has 2 WR spots yet to fill. Darboh is considered to be one of their top targets.

    I'd love for Iowa to land Darboh ... however, Iowa's best shot to that end is if ND and Michigan fill up first. And, to be honest, that definitely could happen.

    However, all the same, I think that Iowa will land some mighty fine WRs in this years recruiting class. We've already landed a very good one in Wilson and if you can trust twitter we're likely going to land Lile and he's another good one. That then leaves us having to fill 1 or 2 more WR spots.

    I'd love for us to land McDonald ... and to our luck, we seem to have a decent shot of landing him.

    Thus, that would maybe leave needing to fill one more WR spot. Considering the quality guys who we have offers out to ... Chesson, Severin, Golden, and I. Thomas ... I'm inclined to believe that it's not a stretch to believe that we could land one of them.

    I consider it exciting that we might be able to fill our needs at WR with guys who are all high on our recruiting board!

    Iowa is recruiting Lile as a WR? I always assumed he was going to be on defense, but that was me with no information, just speculation.

  6. #21

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_ankle23 View Post
    Iowa is recruiting Lile as a WR? I always assumed he was going to be on defense, but that was me with no information, just speculation.
    I could certainly be wrong, but I do believe that Iowa is recruiting him at WR. Of course, I'm sure that the Iowa coaches like him at a number of spots.

    Campbell, Wilson, and Parker saw him at a camp some while ago. Promptly thereafter he ended up garnering an Iowa offer.

    If you look at where he projects ... WR, S, or even LB ... it would appear that all the right coaches were there to evaluate him!
    Last edited by homerHAWKeye777; 08-15-2011 at 09:17 AM.

  7. #22

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by homerHAWKeye777 View Post
    I could certainly be wrong, but I do believe that Iowa is recruiting him at WR. Of course, I'm sure that the Iowa coaches like him at a number of spots.

    Campbell, Wilson, and Parker saw him at a camp some while ago. Promptly thereafter he ended up garnering an Iowa offer.

    If you look at where he projects ... WR, S, or even LB ... it would appear that all the right coaches were there to evaluate him!
    yeah, i guess i was assuming S and possibly or more likely LB.

  8. #23

    Re: Andre McDonald

    This may sound odd but don't count out Vanderbilt. Franklin has their recruiting machine turning, and he has shown alot of aptitude at getting these offensive prospects. They are a dark horse, but they could shock.

  9. #24

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    This may sound odd but don't count out Vanderbilt. Franklin has their recruiting machine turning, and he has shown alot of aptitude at getting these offensive prospects. They are a dark horse, but they could shock.
    Vanderbilt has some mighty fine academics. Furthermore, they're also in a really pretty part of the country. Of course, that said, they're not going to be able to get out of the gutter of the SEC anytime soon.

  10. #25

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by homerHAWKeye777 View Post
    Vanderbilt has some mighty fine academics. Furthermore, they're also in a really pretty part of the country. Of course, that said, they're not going to be able to get out of the gutter of the SEC anytime soon.
    You are right, they will be in the cellar for a while. Kind of like NU 10-15 years ago when they were the doormat. Vandy is one of the best universities in the nation and a degree from there will get you a nice job. They always give 100% and I always pull for them to upset the Gators, the Dogs, and S. Carolina.

  11. #26

    Re: Andre McDonald

    I believe McDonald has stated that he is getting a lot of influence from some of the already committed Vandy prospects to join him. I really like McDonald and put him ahead of Darboh IMO.

    Lile has stated that his main recruiter is Soup, and that Soup wants him at WR. This isn't a shock though as Soup has Michigan as his recruiting area. But Lile has also spoken to Parker about possibly playing Safety, and they've pretty much left it up to him to decide, and I definitely get the vibe that he wants to play WR.

  12. #27

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by HwkFn4Life View Post
    I believe McDonald has stated that he is getting a lot of influence from some of the already committed Vandy prospects to join him. I really like McDonald and put him ahead of Darboh IMO.

    Lile has stated that his main recruiter is Soup, and that Soup wants him at WR. This isn't a shock though as Soup has Michigan as his recruiting area. But Lile has also spoken to Parker about possibly playing Safety, and they've pretty much left it up to him to decide, and I definitely get the vibe that he wants to play WR.
    Soup recruits Michigan, so position plays no part there.

    I think these coaches tell these players that they all want these players at their positions. Ego thing for the player. You read all the time about recruits saying that x coach wants me here, y coach wants me there, z coach sees me here - they are fighting over me.......

  13. #28

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by HwkFn4Life View Post
    I believe McDonald has stated that he is getting a lot of influence from some of the already committed Vandy prospects to join him. I really like McDonald and put him ahead of Darboh IMO.

    Lile has stated that his main recruiter is Soup, and that Soup wants him at WR. This isn't a shock though as Soup has Michigan as his recruiting area. But Lile has also spoken to Parker about possibly playing Safety, and they've pretty much left it up to him to decide, and I definitely get the vibe that he wants to play WR.
    Speaking of the scenario of commits reaching out to other prospects ... I'd love it if Reese Fleming (or someone else) would reach out to guys like McDonald and Darboh.

  14. #29

    Re: Andre McDonald

    Quote Originally Posted by homerHAWKeye777 View Post
    Speaking of the scenario of commits reaching out to other prospects ... I'd love it if Reese Fleming (or someone else) would reach out to guys like McDonald and Darboh.
    I agree. I think it goes a long ways towards getting a comfort level with a school when the recruits communicate with someone who is in the same boat they are in. Especially for out of state prospects that will be a ways from home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •