Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Iowa Women Tie for 2nd Place

Quote Originally Posted by atxhawk View Post
    If they could play this way all year instead of in the last month they would get better seeds and a chance to go farther in the tourney. ESPN is currently projecting them as a 9 seed playing LSU and if they get to the second round they would play Stanford. Last year's matchup I thought might be favorable. Little did I know that Gonzaga had a player that could take over the game.
    Let's not forget, also, that they had to play AT lower seeded Gonzaga. Women's basketball is not at all like men's basketball in that don't see the kinds of upsets in the women's game as you do the men's game. I think coach Bluder does a great job, but the way some people talk, her career sounds a little like Dr. Tom's which given what we've seen with the men's program is not good for the program. There is no reason for a change on the women's side of things. The only thing the women's team needs to do is avoid being a middle seed by winning more games early on. With a strong run in the BTT, this team could get a 6 or 7 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by UIFBFAN View Post
    Let's not forget, also, that they had to play AT lower seeded Gonzaga. Women's basketball is not at all like men's basketball in that don't see the kinds of upsets in the women's game as you do the men's game. I think coach Bluder does a great job, but the way some people talk, her career sounds a little like Dr. Tom's which given what we've seen with the men's program is not good for the program. There is no reason for a change on the women's side of things. The only thing the women's team needs to do is avoid being a middle seed by winning more games early on. With a strong run in the BTT, this team could get a 6 or 7 seed.
    Iowa women got hosed last year in the NCAA tourney. Gonzaga had a great record and should of been a 3 seed. It was more about filling seats then fairness. Iowa played them much tougher then the rest of the competition did in the tournament. Iowa was a 3 seed and got screwed on that draw. They beat Rutgers the year before in the first game. Bluders recruiting is getting better every year. She has another outstanding class coming in with more size in the guard court. She has a well run team and has done well struggling with injuries every year.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    Never said that, just will never be more than what they are a solid team that will get beat by the top 10-15 teams in the country year after year because of the large talent gap.
    Actually they had a highly rated recruiting class last year and a few are playing as freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkforlife9 View Post
    yawn....
    Wow, awesome post thanks for all your contributions!

I take it you cannot read the title? If you are bored by womens basketball discussion then do not open the thread.

Senior

The lady Hawks are actually quite fun to watch. Good shooting, good defense, and a good recruiting class to boot. Sam Logic has been playing lights out since Jamie Printy went down and Melissa Dixon just had an outstanding performance at CHA Sunday afternoon.

Also hears Sunday that Iowa had the 17th best attendance record for home games this year. Not a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post

Wow, awesome post thanks for all your contributions!

I take it you cannot read the title? If you are bored by womens basketball discussion then do not open the thread.
    yawn...

the womens tourney is a joke and a crapshoot. thats probably why no one cares about it.

id rather finish #2 in conference and lose first round instead of getting #5 in conference and winning one game.

Quote Originally Posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
    the womens tourney is a joke and a crapshoot. thats probably why no one cares about it.

id rather finish #2 in conference and lose first round instead of getting #5 in conference and winning one game.
    I like basketball. I like the mens game more but I enjoy watching the womens game too. I will be attending the womens Sweet 16 and Elite 8 at Wells Fargo this year no matter who is in it. Those teams will be pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknicholson View Post
    Outstanding work by the Lady Hawks. Wish they had more games on TV. Love to watch them play.....

you have eye disease jack!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandGold81 View Post
    yawn...
    real classy

Quote Originally Posted by trail888 View Post
    ...She has a well run team and has done well struggling with injuries every year.
    Boy, that's the truth. The AIRBHG gets bored in the offseason and jerks around with the ladies' basketball team.

Quote Originally Posted by VAHawkFan View Post
    Boy, that's the truth. The AIRBHG gets bored in the offseason and jerks around with the ladies' basketball team.
    It's how AIRBHG stays on top of its game since it doesn't have off-season "OTA's"...that son of a...
    It's a dog eat dog world, Woody...and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear...~Norm Peterson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 9YRPLAN View Post

Crapshoot? The #1 seeds ROUTINELY all make it to the Final Four. There typically aren't a lot in the way of upsets. That's the exact opposite of a crapshoot. The men's tournament is a crapshoot, which is why it's so exciting, and that's why we care so much more about it.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye101 View Post
    The lady Hawks are actually quite fun to watch. Good shooting, good defense, and a good recruiting class to boot. Sam Logic has been playing lights out since Jamie Printy went down and Melissa Dixon just had an outstanding performance at CHA Sunday afternoon.

Also hears Sunday that Iowa had the 17th best attendance record for home games this year. Not a bad deal.

I agree. the Hawks are fun to watch, and lisa bluder has done a great job overall. What would the men hawks had done if gatens went down? We would stink! The men's program is light year's behind the women's program, but with a couple of good recruiting classes things can change quick.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeShane View Post
    It's how AIRBHG stays on top of its game since it doesn't have off-season "OTA's"...that son of a...
    That's funny! Wait a minute. . .

I had forgotten that the women were the higher seed last year.

Yeah, the arrangement of the first two rounds can stink but it puts fans in the seats to see the hometown team. I believe that Iowa City will be host site for the first two games next season.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by UIFBFAN View Post
    Does Bluder go out and play golf when she should be out recruiting ? That would put her in the same class as Dr. Tom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12