Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Motigerhawk View Post
    Im pretty happy with the hire. He did some great things at Texas.

Is this why Iowa recruited a JC QB? To better suit the new OC?
    Sokol was recruited for depth.

He will throw it on 3rd and two. Like the article states its his running game that has lacked. It also states that Vandy will benefit the most by this hire. If KF gives him the controls expect a lot of passing. The only way he runs the ball is if our running game has superiority over another teams defense. That is the rap sheet on this guy

HN Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    He will throw it on 3rd and two. Like the article states its his running game that has lacked. It also states that Vandy will benefit the most by this hire. If KF gives him the controls expect a lot of passing. The only way he runs the ball is if our running game has superiority over another teams defense. That is the rap sheet on this guy
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. I'm just suggesting that I don't think there will be a major offensive rebirth. KF is the head coach, and our new OC is mostly in line with KF's philosophy.

I give the hire an "A" ... Really like it.

I think his official picture shows him with derpy eyes. Get on that BTT or French.
    2013 Female HN Poster of the Year

"If we make a bowl game I will personally take Minnesota Hawkeye Freak out for a nice steak dinner, and then never call her again." Stanzi 4-8-2013...Still waiting Stanzi...

I'm excited and happy.

The first game our offense stumbles I'll start ******** and call for his head..

Seriously, it's interesting. He's done some good things but did them with great talent. So we'll see.
    HANK: Bobby, I never thought I'd need to tell you this, but I would be a bad parent if I didn't. Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.
    BOBBY: Why do you have to hate what you don't understand?
    HANK: I don't hate you, Bobby.
    BOBBY: I meant soccer.
    HANK: Oh. Oh, yeah, I hate soccer. Yes.

@Norm_Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. I'm just suggesting that I don't think there will be a major offensive rebirth. KF is the head coach, and our new OC is mostly in line with KF's philosophy.
    Golf, I understand your concerns and they are justifiable. Will conservative coach who likes to run 2 out of every 3 plays let an offensive coordinator who likes to throw 2 out of three plays, let a extremely experienced offensive coordinator have the reins? I hope he does, this could get very entertaining if Kirk lets it happen. I expect it will, otherwise he would have just hired from within. KF has to realize that the natives are starting to get a little restless.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Golf, I understand your concerns and they are justifiable. Will conservative coach who likes to run 2 out of every 3 plays let an offensive coordinator who likes to throw 2 out of three plays, let a extremely experienced offensive coordinator have the reins? I hope he does, this could get very entertaining if Kirk lets it happen. I expect it will, otherwise he would have just hired from within. KF has to realize that the natives are starting to get a little restless.
    KF could care less about the fans. He's locked into a long term contract that calls for a $2.6 million per year buyout. This guy is just a caretaker until Brian can take over. Everything will be BAU with KF continuing to call all the shots. Learn to be happy with 7 win seasons.

I think it's about as solid as a hire as we could of made at this point.

HN Doctorate

Re:What do you think?

Kok leaving being pushed whatever you prefer was an A plus. The hire an A. Huge win for the program going forward

Re:What do you think?

Never been a Ken O'Qweef fan, so time to move on Davis has pretty solid resume.

HN Legend
    Blog Entries

"KF has to realize that the natives are starting to get a little restless."

Oh, he does. Trust me, he does. That's all I gotta say bout that.

This is a great hire, and will help with recruiting and play calling.

I have no reason not to like it yet. I don't think it will help recruiting in texas though. We would still have to competee gainst Texas schools for players.
    " I blame the first 10 shots on the shooter. I blame the next fifteen shots on the law".

Birthers....Proof you can't fix stupid.

I don't get it...for the negative people on here, who would you want him to hire. I think KF wanted Moore, but the prevailing thought is that Moore didn't want a full time job. So KF goes out and gets a guy that went to bowl games 12 of 13 years at Texas, ran the offense for teams that won two NC, and for all intense purposes, developed NFL QB's. If this were basketball and Fran hired one of Duke's assistant coaches who had been there for their National Championships...would everyone be complaining right now?

I don't think there will be major differences with the game plans. We are an establish the run type of team, then go to play action and exploit the single matchups where you have advantage. Where Davis will differ is when we aren't running effectively. He will be more likely to let the QB win the game. The other factor is that I think he will, based on the way his QB's at Texas played, develop the QB's. I know he got better talent at Texas, but Vandenberg and Ruddock have a pedigree of success in HS. And JVB showed flashes...he just needs polish and pocket presence. Looking off a defense would be a welcome skill also.

I'm optimistic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast