Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 129

Thread: Jeremy Morgan

  1. #106
    HN Legend deanvogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,506

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    how is it flawed, people by saying we need to fill the last scholarship means that he needs to get major minutes because the current or potential starters are not good enough
    what am i missing,
    if he to be a bench player because the current players are good enough, other wise he has to be god enough to take minutes from those same player.
    so wich is he going to be a bench sitter or a player that sends somebody to the bench, because they can't be on the floor at the same time
    Nobody is saying we NEED to fill the last scholarship, they are saying that it is up to Fran and they are ok with whatever he decides. You are the only person here arguing that only one route should be taken by Fran, and that is to bank the scholarship. So the breakdown looks like this:

    Herby = Fran must bank the scholarship, as it makes no sense to bring in another player for this year. If Fran uses another scholarship this year he is making a mistake.

    Everyone else = Whatever Fran does is ok, bank it or use it, we trust you Fran!

  2. #107

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    there is no way people can predict how a JUCO will perform..
    The same thing could be said about any incoming freshman, including the two top100 players you keep mentioning.

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    again who is going to lose minutes by signing a 6'3 guard, when in my opinion the biggest area of need is a 6'5 to 6'8 wing.
    Spearman is not the only player Fran is looking at.

  3. #108

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    how is it flawed, people by saying we need to fill the last scholarship means that he needs to get major minutes because the current or potential starters are not good enough
    what am i missing,
    if he to be a bench player because the current players are good enough, other wise he has to be god enough to take minutes from those same player.
    so wich is he going to be a bench sitter or a player that sends somebody to the bench, because they can't be on the floor at the same time
    If Fran signs another guy I would suspect it would be because he's good enough to take minutes from somebody. Or, as others have suggested, a transfer who wouldn't play at all next year. You don't just recruit to replace graduating seniors. You also recruit to improve the roster. It doesn't have to mean that the current roster is bad...it can always get better. Iowa is in the NIT. Are you suggesting that the roster is at it's peak?

    I'm not even predicting that Fran will sign another but if a talented player wants to come to Iowa you take a look and evaluate the situation.

  4. #109
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Dodge
    Posts
    2,614

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    question for herby.

    if fran signs a player does that mean he doesnt have faith in the roster as it is assembled for next yr?

    or is it because he thinks it is best for the team?

    he may believe that we have a team that makes ncaa tourney next yr but that a certain player could get us to be b10 champs or something. no one said the roster isnt good next yr but many think we could do with improvements. we have 5 players competing for 2 post positions. and 6 competing for 3 guard/wing spots (and that is if may is back healthy). and height isnt everything i will take a 6'3 guy that is better than a 6'7 guy any day. ingram is a 6'2 sg so why do we need a 6'6 one if a 6'3 guy is better. getting enamored with height and weight is why stephan curry didnt go to a bigtime school.

  5. #110
    Graduate TritonHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    +41.6583496, -91.5507242
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Maybe this 6'3" guy is a great defender, surely there is room on this roster for a very good defender to take some minutes.

  6. #111
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fairbank, IA
    Posts
    10,846

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Foval, if he answers your question before mine I'll be ticked!

    deanvogs, great post. I have been trying to drive that through his head. He will figure out some way of twisting your post into "you don't have faith in this recruiting class!!!!" along with a few f bombs.

  7. #112

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    my opinion on how Fran uses it is different from the majority, i say bank and improve the roster gradually rather than a quick fix where in 4 year having to start over because the team loses 6 players, i am content in losing 4 and gaining 5 at this time, this class is rated the 20th best class in the country by ESPN,
    but i guess if it doesn't follow company line of thinking rip the poster for having his own opinion because he will be labeled a hater or non believer in Fran
    maybe Jon needs to make a new rule that people can state opinion that only fits what the majority demand.

  8. #113
    HN Legend imported_Tmoney12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Posts
    6,186
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    my opinion on how Fran uses it is different from the majority, i say bank and improve the roster gradually rather than a quick fix where in 4 year having to start over because the team loses 6 players, i am content in losing 4 and gaining 5 at this time, this class is rated the 20th best class in the country by ESPN,but i guess if it doesn't follow company line of thinking rip the poster for having his own opinion because he will be labeled a hater or non believer in Franmaybe Jon needs to make a new rule that people can state opinion that that fits what the majority demand.
    wow

  9. #114
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fairbank, IA
    Posts
    10,846

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    my opinion on how Fran uses it is different from the majority, i say bank and improve the roster gradually rather than a quick fix where in 4 year having to start over because the team loses 6 players, i am content in losing 4 and gaining 5 at this time, this class is rated the 20th best class in the country by ESPN,
    but i guess if it doesn't follow company line of thinking rip the poster for having his own opinion because he will be labeled a hater or non believer in Fran
    maybe Jon needs to make a new rule that people can state opinion that only fits what the majority demand.
    ok, so by saying this you do realize that you do not trust Frans judgment in how he uses those scholarships?

    It is ok for you to have a different opinion, just know we do not all agree and will make different points on how you could be wrong. Which is what everybody has been doing. You accuse all of us of not trusting Fran yet you yourself just said he needs to bank the scholarship. The rest of us are ok with either him banking it or signing another player if he thinks it will help the team next year. So ANY arguments you have against that really should be addressed with Fran himself. He is a public employee, have you emailed him your concerns yet?

  10. #115
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Dodge
    Posts
    2,614

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    my opinion on how Fran uses it is different from the majority, i say bank and improve the roster gradually rather than a quick fix where in 4 year having to start over because the team loses 6 players, i am content in losing 4 and gaining 5 at this time, this class is rated the 20th best class in the country by ESPN,but i guess if it doesn't follow company line of thinking rip the poster for having his own opinion because he will be labeled a hater or non believer in Franmaybe Jon needs to make a new rule that people can state opinion that only fits what the majority demand.
    hey pot meet kettle. you rip on everyone that disagrees with you. you say you cant trust even high star juco players because you dont know what you are going to actually get but the same holds true for any hs player too. a rating is just a best guess on how they will turn out. if it was always right aaron white would have been #15 coming out of hs because he is supposedly the 15th best frosh in the country. i dont care about rankings. i care about results and scouting. fran does the scouting i trust him over talking heads ranking players at espn or anywhere else. there is just as good of a chance that woodbury flops as there is that he is great. same with a juco or anyone else. would a six person turnover in 1 yr suck? yes but if we make 4 ncaa tourneys and 1 or 2 elite eight(s) with those six guys before they leave i think we could then bring in six guys with similar or better talent to replace them because of the winning. winning breeds winning and if we win now we can recruit better later and win more.

  11. #116

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    ok, so by saying this you do realize that you do not trust Frans judgment in how he uses those scholarships?

    It is ok for you to have a different opinion, just know we do not all agree and will make different points on how you could be wrong. Which is what everybody has been doing. You accuse all of us of not trusting Fran yet you yourself just said he needs to bank the scholarship. The rest of us are ok with either him banking it or signing another player if he thinks it will help the team next year. So ANY arguments you have against that really should be addressed with Fran himself. He is a public employee, have you emailed him your concerns yet?
    it is like i just said if the opinion does not conform to the majority the poster is labeled as a hater or non believer in Fran
    thx for proving me right

  12. #117

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    my opinion on how Fran uses it is different from the majority, i say bank and improve the roster gradually rather than a quick fix where in 4 year having to start over because the team loses 6 players, i am content in losing 4 and gaining 5 at this time, this class is rated the 20th best class in the country by ESPN,
    but i guess if it doesn't follow company line of thinking rip the poster for having his own opinion because he will be labeled a hater or non believer in Fran
    maybe Jon needs to make a new rule that people can state opinion that only fits what the majority demand.


    Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys, UNI Panthers, That's it.

  13. #118

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    it is like i just said if the opinion does not conform to the majority the poster is labeled as a hater or non believer in Fran
    thx for proving me right
    Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys, UNI Panthers, That's it.

  14. #119

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    Herby, you need to give it a rest. Fran knows what he is doing with the scholarships. He needs to win next year and to be able to play his style of basketball he needs as much talent as he can get. If Morgan is all that I am sure Fran will figure out a way to make him a Hawk. With Iowa making the NIT this year it raises the bar for next season. Next year we won't accept losing to Campbell or Nebraska, win the games you are supposed to along with a few surprises. Fran signed a 5 year contract, next season is year 3. Lick lasted 3 years in his 5 year deal, Iowa needs to win next season.
    since you are the one telling me i have no faith in FRAN try to explain this post

  15. #120

    Re: Jeremy Morgan

    I can't understand why this is still going on.

    4 more pages of the exact same nonsense?

    Maybe another four and Herby will suddenly be able to grasp simple logic and basic ideas

    Keep trying, im sure its going to turn out to be well worth it, lol.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •