Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Re: possible lineup this fall

If May is playing significant minutes, then we are not going to be as good as you hope.

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

When is herby back? Or maybe the better question would be- Is herby ever allowed back?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    When is herby back? Or maybe the better question would be- Is herby ever allowed back?
    My last ban was for a month, and Herby got bannnnnnnned on teh 5th of April, so he could be back this week. However, his account was last logged into on le 12th, so he doesn't lurk during his ban, so maybe he's gone for good.

it still amazes me how many people were down right vicious to some old man who had a stroke, just because he had really bad opinions. even more amazing was the fact that he got banned while all the normal people who constantly ripped on him never even got warned

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PCHawk View Post
    it still amazes me how many people were down right vicious to some old man who had a stroke, just because he had really bad opinions. even more amazing was the fact that he got banned while all the normal people who constantly ripped on him never even got warned
    Really? He was a giant jerk to everyone. If you had the nerve to say something like "I doubt Olesani will average a double double", he would unload on you.

Banned

It was his unbearable attitude towards posters that disagreed with him coupled with the fact that herby could never admit when he was wrong that sent him packing.

he wasn't always that bad tho. he has always had terrible opinions but the way he treated people got worse and worse over time due to how bad everyone ripped on him. the thing that gets me is how many people had no problem ripping on him knowing full well he had a stroke and obviously had serious issues. its kinda like everyone ganging up on the ******** kid at school and when the ******** kid fights back the teacher kicks him out of class. I know Jon wouldn't do that on purpose but in my opinion that's what happened.

Herby's mind is just fine, and he totally brought it on himself. If you can find an Iowa sports message board he hasn't been banned from it'd be the first.

I don't know if having a stroke messes you up in the head or not but I do know that if I had one I would be a pretty grumpy person. I also know that if someone who had a stroke was a jerk to me I would be a bigger person and back down instead of antagonizing him

Banned

I don't know if having a stroke messes you up in the head or not but I do know that if I had one I would be a pretty grumpy person. I also know that if someone who had a stroke was a jerk to me I would be a bigger person and back down instead of antagonizing him
    So maybe this isnt the healthiest place for herby to hang out if he cant act civil towards posters that disagree with him.

If a stroke made him that sensitive to debate about sports, then maybe he should use a little common sense and stay away from message boards.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Just because he had a disability does not make him a great guy. It does not absolve him from responsibility for his actions, nor can it be used to explain his behavior. Not once did I see anyone give Herby crap for his disability. I went at it with Herb as hard as anyone, and I was always sensitive to that.

However, what you're posting seems to make me think that you view Herby as some kind of defenseless 12 year old who everyone picked on. Herby was not defenseless. Herby could stand up for himself; he didn't ask for pity and he got more than he ever asked for. Frankly, it is more insulting to me that you think we needed to protect and shelter Herby rather than treat him like anyone else.

Keep in mind what Herby got banned for. He claimed that Tanner Miller backed up Sean Considine, and then attacked everyone who pointed out that he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBTT View Post
    Just because he had a disability does not make him a great guy. It does not absolve him from responsibility for his actions, nor can it be used to explain his behavior. Not once did I see anyone give Herby crap for his disability. I went at it with Herb as hard as anyone, and I was always sensitive to that.However, what you're posting seems to make me think that you view Herby as some kind of defenseless 12 year old who everyone picked on. Herby was not defenseless. Herby could stand up for himself; he didn't ask for pity and he got more than he ever asked for. Frankly, it is more insulting to me that you think we needed to protect and shelter Herby rather than treat him like anyone else.Keep in mind what Herby got banned for. He claimed that Tanner Miller backed up Sean Considine, and then attacked everyone who pointed out that he was wrong.

what about the actions of everyone who ripped on him for his opinions? if you want to rip on him for the way he lashed out at people that's fine ( I personally wouldn't do it) But people were constantly ganging up on him hard over his opinions. and that's been going on long before herby lost all control.

a poster said awhile back that people should lay off him for awhile and maybe he wouldn't be so aggressive. maybe its true that this isn't the best place for him but judging by the amount of time he was on here and how passionate he is about the hawks he obviously enjoyed it. its to bad so many people had to be such jerks to him and had no ability to be the bigger person and bite their lip when he went overboard. all of those people were just as bad as him but they are all still here and he is stuck playing solitaire all day

and I'm not saying herby didn't cross the line I'm just saying there were a lot of people that pushed him over it

and I'm not saying herby didn't cross the line I'm just saying there were a lot of people that pushed him over it

Shame that line wasn't a cliff.

hypothetically message board speaking that is.
    2011 HN award weiner-pooping-rack'em!
    2012 HN Basketball Poster of the Year - Suck it Herby!

NEGATIVE THREADKILLER