Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 draft

Re: 2013 draft

and Steele Jantz is the 21st best QB, wow, way too high :D

Before last season began, I don't think anybody had Daniels, Gettis, and Bernstine going in the draft. Iowa just might surprise again next year. Besides JVB, Ferentz, CJF* -- it wouldn't be a shock to see Lowery*, Hyde, MacMillan, Davis raising their game enough to get looks.

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

The "DJK was Blacklisted" freaks will be out in full force if/when James Ferentz gets drafted next year.

I cannot wait for that meltdown.

CJF would have to have a Clark type of season and I don't think he will just based on what is around him, weapon wise. Also, Iowa's DB's though are solid never get drafted very high, Spievey was a third rounder, and I think Lowery would need to prove it over a period of time, same for CJF. I think a few will get drafted, none really high.

Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by azhawkphan View Post
    Is Keenan one of the beneficiaries of so many quality WRs coming out this year? If Keenan is the 7th highest WR prospect coming out next year, and McNutt was the 26th WR taken this year then something doesn't jive. But then again I am no Hawkeyegamefilm. It is still a long way until next April...
    I would say there is no doubt that so many Juniors jumping early thins next years crop of clear cut top 2 round talent. When Davis is at his best he's an impressive WR prospect(think Pitt '11 or NW '11), but he was plagued by inconsistency in 2011. I'm sure his ankle injury didn't help, but the drops were a big concern. I'm not saying a 1st round grade is totally out of the question, but his 2010-2011 film isn't going to convince any scout that Davis is a clear cut 1st round WR. If he has a monster year in 2012(and he could) he will likely climb draft boards. Davis has a lot of potential and just needs to stay healthy and put the pieces together.

FWIW I'd grade him as a later round prospect as things stand.

If were still here I can't wait to watch it. 2012 Mayans.
    2011 HN award weiner-pooping-rack'em!
    2012 HN Basketball Poster of the Year - Suck it Herby!

NEGATIVE THREADKILLER

This draft was extremely deep in WR's. That pushed Marvin down. If Keenan can have a big year,stay healthy, and run well in workouts,he could do fine in the draft. He has the proto-type pro WR size...speed? We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfarmer View Post
    CJF would have to have a Clark type of season and I don't think he will just based on what is around him, weapon wise. Also, Iowa's DB's though are solid never get drafted very high, Spievey was a third rounder, and I think Lowery would need to prove it over a period of time, same for CJF. I think a few will get drafted, none really high.

Sanders(2nd), Godfrey, Fletcher and Spievey were all around third round.

But yeah, Lowery nor CJF have had anywhere near enough exposure. CJF is such a specimen though its not out of the question, but still unlikely.

Banned

Davis has also played second fiddle to the two best wr's in school history. that tends to hurt your production a bit.

who was that jackhole who posted there was no way in hell Davis gets drafted a few months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by RocknRollface View Post
    Sanders(2nd), Godfrey, Fletcher and Spievey were all around third round.

But yeah, Lowery nor CJF have had anywhere near enough exposure. CJF is such a specimen though its not out of the question, but still unlikely.
    Lowery hasn't even started a game yet and all those guys had multiple starting seasons. Lowery is still unproven, and I don't consider the 3rd round a reason to leave a season early, when you can continue to increase your stock. Spievey was the best corner Iowa has had in the KF era and he went 3rd round. Prater went what 5th and he almost jumped last year, so I'm just saying it would have to be an amazing season. I selfishly hope he stays and can boost his stock his senior year.

Banned

It turns out the one percent is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnePercent View Post
    Keenan Davis will never play in the NFL.... blackballed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    According to CBS sportsline Keenan Davis will be the 7th best senior WR prospect. A little early, but it is always fun to look.

NFL Draft - 2013 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    I'll see your 7th and raise you a 5th.

2013 NFL Draft: Top five prospects by position | News | NFL.com

For us the more meaningful question is, "How many players from the team will be on an NFL roster in 5 years?"

Not necessarily. The more kids you can get drafted the better that is for recruiting and promotion of the program. In fact, you could probably make the case that is the more meaningful question for the program and Hawkeye fans. How well players do down the road is more of a reflection on the player than the program I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12