Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    love having him here at iowa

  2. #17

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by wundergrape View Post
    Love the look of him as a "glue" guy. He needs to get WAY more elevation on that jump shot, though.
    Yes, he appears to be a glue guy and a gym rat,not to mention a lunch pail player.

  3. #18
    Graduate Thawki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    852

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknicholson View Post
    Haven't seen this one before. Found it on another site. Anthony is outstanding on defense. Perhaps as good as I have seen in high school.....

    He certainly knows what to do with the ball and is a very good passer. I am starting to think that he and Mike G. will share playing time equally. We are extremely fortunate to have talent like this coming.....

    Once again, I can hardly wait for the season to begin.....



    Did you ever see Gary Grant? I think he may be the best on ball defender I have ever seen. Maybe there are others, but I was at Iowa when he played ay Michigan, and man that guy was like a glove.

    And I always liked his running mate's nickname. Antoine "The Judge" Joubert. He was nicknamed "The Judge" because he "ruled the court" and he picked up the moniker in high school.

    I still remember walking into a party at those apartments next to the convenience store on Burlington Ave. just down from Old Capitol Mall one night after an Iowa and Michigan hoops game and seeing Grant, Joubert and Leslie Rockymore at the party hanging out. That was pretty cool. I am sure they we staying at the hotel up the street and probably went to the QT to get something and saw the party and just figured no one would complain if they came over.

    Like I said, that was pretty cool.
    Last edited by Thawki; 05-10-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Go Hawks!!!!

    THawki
    UI Class of 1987

  4. #19
    Graduate Thawki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    852

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by deanvogs View Post
    I think between AC and MG we will be good enough at the point to let Marble play the 3 almost exclusively. It will be nice having a 3 on the floor with can create his own shot, and finish at the rim.
    This.
    Go Hawks!!!!

    THawki
    UI Class of 1987

  5. #20

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    I think I remember people making an Aaron Craft comparison with Gessel. But I disagree, Clemmons is the one that reminds me of Craft.

    Albeit a highlight video, I love watching Clemmons play. It's almost indescribable, but he's just one of those guys that knows how to play the game. Maybe it's an old-school thing that he has developed through coaching, maybe it's an innercity thing (coming from a really solid league in Detroit) but he just plays the game in a great way. His style and fluidity on the court, the way he commands the offense and defense, single handedly sets up fast breaks, attacks the rim, follows his own shot.

    If you ever watch sports and see plays (or replays) where you say to yourself: "man that was a cool play, that guy really set that up beautifully" ...Clemmons is the kind of player that makes those plays.

    All of these things are what remind me of Aaron Craft

  6. #21
    Senior LGEND24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    541

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Malachiman View Post
    Although he lacks elevation on his jump shot it, his release is pretty quick which I think kinda compensates his elevation. Very excited to see these frosh come in.
    That's what I thought too...can't block it if it's already gone by the time they close out.

  7. #22
    HN Legend jacknicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,118

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by atomicblue224 View Post
    love having him here at iowa
    Gonna be a Wild Bull Stampede when the lads come to town, Atomic.....




  8. #23
    HN Legend jacknicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,118

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Thawki View Post
    Did you ever see Gary Grant? I think he may be the best on ball defender I have ever seen. Maybe there are others, but I was at Iowa when he played ay Michigan, and man that guy was like a glove.

    And I always liked his running mate's nickname. Antoine "The Judge" Joubert. He was nicknamed "The Judge" because he "ruled the court" and he picked up the moniker in high school.

    I still remember walking into a party at those apartments next to the convenience store on Burlington Ave. just down from Old Capitol Mall one night after an Iowa and Michigan hoops game and seeing Grant, Joubert and Leslie Rockymore at the party hanging out. That was pretty cool. I am sure they we staying at the hotel up the street and probably went to the QT to get something and saw the party and just figured no one would complain if they came over.

    Like I said, that was pretty cool.
    I do remember Gary Grant, loved to watch him play. He played on some very good Michigan teams with Glen Rice and Roy Trapley. He was a demon on defense, one of the very best.....

    Michigan and Iowa had some really good games in those days. They had a lot of respect for each other. I remember one time a Wolverine player said something like: We love it when Iowa comes to town, Roy, BJ, Sir Jamalot, It's always a good game.....


  9. #24
    HN Legend jacknicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,118

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by LGEND24 View Post
    That's what I thought too...can't block it if it's already gone by the time they close out.
    A quick release before being covered could compensate for low elevation on his jump shot. That NW guy, John Sturma had a low release and did very well, although he was taller than most guards he would face on the perimeter.....

    Fran seems to be very good at developing talent and I am certain he will correct the situation if he feels it is a problem. I will be making it to PTL this year, really want to see these guys in action. Wonder if some of the recruits will be playing AAU ball.....

  10. #25

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknicholson View Post
    Gonna be a Wild Bull Stampede when the lads come to town, Atomic.....



    i would put steel plate on my a$$ if i was you. wild bull have no mercy....

  11. #26

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by storminspank View Post
    There's a reason so many people who have seen him think he will be the gem of the class.
    +1

  12. #27
    HN Legend hawkdrummer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,827

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by dmShortSaledude View Post
    +1
    He's smooth, very mature physically. They'll coach him up on shot technique...but this kid has the physical tools and looks so comfortable and in charge out there.

  13. #28

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    It's going to be fun to watch the freshmen class grow together. Their sophomore season ought to be a special one with Basebe, Marble, and McCabe being seniors and White a Junior........were back!!!!!!!!! Oglesby is no slouch either......did I mentioin were back!!!!!!

  14. #29
    HN Legend jacknicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,118

    Re: New Video of Anthony Clemmons.....

    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    It's going to be fun to watch the freshmen class grow together. Their sophomore season ought to be a special one with Basebe, Marble, and McCabe being seniors and White a Junior........were back!!!!!!!!! Oglesby is no slouch either......did I mentioin were back!!!!!!
    Their Sophomore year could be a very good year for the Hawks, BigD.....

    You are right about Josh, he is no slouch and sometimes is overlooked. He is an essential component to this team, and will only get better.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •