Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: How ****** will you be if we get a Plus One?

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoSuperHawk View Post
    Dwayne you are a backwards thinker, so I'm not surprised you think this way. Hell you probably wish they crowned the National champ before the bowls like they used to. But for those actually looking forward to a play-off, the Plus One would fall woefully short of delivering.
    For people who actually like college football, a plus-one is the best we can hope for.

I want a 8, 16 or even 32 team playoff myself (I don't really care about the champion being the best team, no other american sport cares about this and that's the way I like my sports being an american sports viewer).

I think a tournament style playoff would be fun as hell and you purists can suck it.
    Last edited by bcl20; 05-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Why not just draw names out of a hat to determine a champion? Maybe have rock-paper-scissors tournament?

Seriously though, bowl games suck ***.

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneTwill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TecmoSuperHawk View Post
    Dwayne you are a backwards thinker, so I'm not surprised you think this way. Hell you probably wish they crowned the National champ before the bowls like they used to. But for those actually looking forward to a play-off, the Plus One would fall woefully short of delivering.
    For people who actually like college football, a plus-one is the best we can hope for.
    Oh man, you are on to us... Yeah none of us like college football.

You are so far off base it's not even funny. But whatever, it is your opinion.

I think most people are not understanding what a Plus One model would mean. This IS NOT a playoff. This would be the status quo process we have right now, but then when we are done they put the top 2 in a bowl. This would be only very marginally better than what we currently have.

I'm not worried about the plus one because I don't think that is what will happen. If I were to put money on it right now my guess is that the solution that wins out will be the 4 team playoff with 3 of them being conference champions (as long as they finish in the top 6), and the 4th team would be a wild card (which must be the highest remaining ranked team even if they are not a conference champ). There is a lot of support for this model amongst the conference commissioners. It's a great compromise for those that want conference champs only and those that want just the top 4 regardless of whether they won their conference.

Why not just draw names out of a hat to determine a champion? Maybe have rock-paper-scissors tournament?
    Ugghh. People like you are why I rarely post on here anymore. You bring no value to any conversation.

Well the Plus One talk isn't being received so favorably by the media people I follow on Twitter. But I'm not too worried because a Plus One would be worth so much less money than a 4 team playoff that there is almost no way they will go with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123