Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: I think Uthoff will be a Hawkeye

I really hope this goes down. Just to give Bo and Wisconsin a big $#%t sandwich on this deal would make me giddy!

HN Legend

if ju comes to iowa it will be telling to see who iowa goes after for the next yr in recruits. ju isnt an aaron white type. he is much closer to a devyn marble. i think fran will still be looking for a wing because i think we need more athleticism there. but ju will most likely back up marble at the 3 in his rs soph yr.

Re:I think Uthoff will be a Hawkeye

Uthoff is not a Devyn Marble skill set. He's a 6-8 forward with some decent guard skills. Remains to be seen what kind of motor he can play at, how he can defend another team's 3 or 4, etc. he will have had two years out of the game before he comes back so he could be a totally different player than what ppl saw in HS.

Re:I think Uthoff will be a Hawkeye

He was also a Top 100 type who basically gets two years to work on his game and body and not because of an injury. Very rare and could pay off huge for him and the college he picks

Scorpio79

With or without this kid, Fran has Iowa hoop heading straight up the charts.
    It's probably a waste of energy to get too bunged up over this guy; he ain't the one steering the Hawkeyes into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    With or without this kid, Fran has Iowa hoop heading straight up the charts.
    It's probably a waste of energy to get too bunged up over this guy; he ain't the one steering the Hawkeyes into the future.
    He's not a savior, but he was a consensus top 150 player and top 100 in the eyes of some services...and Bo Ryan said this about him on media day:

"He'll play at the University of Wisconsin, and he'll play early. He's a player. Better than expected. But don't tell him I said that. Right now he's kind of picking up things like Josh did last year. Coaches like good listeners, fast learners. And I've never seen a more conscientious guy."

He also put on close to 20 pounds this last year and is now over 200...he will have had two years to work on all aspects of his game and physique. He just turned 19 this spring...he would have had 14 months of working with the Iowa staff (if he comes to Iowa) before he takes the court in a game...he'd be 22 and a half entering his senior year in the same class as Woodbury, Gesell, Meyer, Ingram and Clemmons...not a bad fit at all.

Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Blog Entries

Not playing for two years has to have its negative affects as well. I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Tmoney12 View Post
    Not playing for two years has to have its negative affects as well. I guess we will see.
    I think both sides of the debate have merit. If he chooses Iowa, the good news is that Iowa won't be bereft of front court players...Basabe & McCabe would be seniors, White a junior, Meyer an Woodbury soph's the first year Uthoff could play.

Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imported_Tmoney12 View Post
    I think both sides of the debate have merit. If he chooses Iowa, the good news is that Iowa won't be bereft of front court players...Basabe & McCabe would be seniors, White a junior, Meyer an Woodbury soph's the first year Uthoff could play.
    I'm not saying getting him isn't a good get. I just don't know how he is going to react to two years off. Gaining 20lbs. is deffinetly a positive.

This may be blasphemy... but I think 4 years from now, the word that best describes JU will be.... overrated.

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdrummer1 View Post
    This may be blasphemy... but I think 4 years from now, the word that best describes JU will be.... overrated.
    And this is based off of how many times you have seen him play?

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    And this is based off of how many times you have seen him play?
    I saw every game he played in this past season.

Banned

someone really really smart said two months ago that the sitting out a year wouldnt get in the way of him going wherever he wanted.

It's not blasphemy, just a WAG

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

I saw every game he played in this past season.
    Be careful. JD made it clear earlier today that troll posts would not be tolerated outside the OT forum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast