Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HN Legend

Re: If he is paying his own way in year one...

You pay for one year of school, and work camps the entire time to pay for the one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Thawki View Post
    What kind of jobs do his parents have, just out of curiosity?
    Not really any of our business. Doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by iahawks912 View Post
    Ha with the NBA career he is going to have this he can repay this awful quick.
    Hilarious! I almost believed that for a second.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
    in the kcrg interview it looks like he lives in a fairly normal suburban iowa neighborhood.
    Trust me, the ones that have the most money are the ones that live below their means. A lot of people that live in the fancy houses in the nice districts are usually living above their means.

Back in the day I used to sell door to door for a water treatment company. The places I targeted were the "normal suburban neighborhoods". We stayed away from the million dollar houses as we rarely could finance them.

Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    Trust me, the ones that have the most money are the ones that live below their means. A lot of people that live in the fancy houses in the nice districts are usually living above their means.

Back in the day I used to sell door to door for a water treatment company. The places I targeted were the "normal suburban neighborhoods". We stayed away from the million dollar houses as we rarely could finance them.
    Jebus.......did you just date yourself? Didn't they stop sending people door to door in the 60's?

in-state tuition isn't so bad.

Actually if kids were concerned about money they would attend a CC for the first two years get the bs gen ed credits out of the way and then transfer. After graduating with a B.A. B.S. it doesn't say anywhere on the degree "First attended Kirkwood/DMACC/ Whatever. Just look at the cost per credit hour and the difference between the Universities and CC colleges. Well, what about the college experience you ask? Here's one thing most kids don't realize at a University you will be taught by a T.A. with little teaching experience and who's motivation is not to be a great teacher, but just paying his/her bills as a means to an end. At a CC you will actually be taught by a person who wants to teach and also must have a masters in the subject matter. Now UofI is even making deals with CC's for sports passes and what not so long as the student enrolls in a program leading to a degree through the U. Whoever has designed our higher educational system has systematically brainwashed educators and counselors alike that all high achieving students must attend a four year college out of H.S. and are really leading there students to double the debt or close to it. Please if you have kids who are going to take general study classes out of H.S. do not pay 18-20K a year when you could pay 7k or less.

yeah, they must be astrophysicists to put their kid thru one year of a public institution.

Damn my mom is a single parent and some how I'm paying for my education ....hmmm weird....impossible in fact .....

Mabye Jarrod will work in the dorm cafeteria, deliver newspapers, flip burgers, whatever to help his folks out

MY dad was in US Navy pilot and he couldnt afford my college education.I went in apprenticeship which is whole alot better because youre earning your wages while u learn your trade.I can easily go to college if i wanted to.

If he is paying his own way in year one... Why doesn't he just stay a walk on all four years so Fran can sign someone else. I mean, he must be loaded anyway.
    "When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want them to bury be upside down, and my critics can kiss my a**." -Bob Knight

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by deanvogs View Post
    Jebus.......did you just date yourself? Didn't they stop sending people door to door in the 60's?
    No, I worked for RainSoft about 10 years ago and they still do it, so does Kirby. Usually they have telemarketers set up appointments for you but if you have no place to go they expect you to get in by knocking on doors.

Usually people are pretty relieved to find out you're just a salesman and not a Jehovah's Witness. Others just did not bother to answer their door.

Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    No, I worked for RainSoft about 10 years ago and they still do it, so does Kirby. Usually they have telemarketers set up appointments for you but if you have no place to go they expect you to get in by knocking on doors.

Usually people are pretty relieved to find out you're just a salesman and not a Jehovah's Witness. Others just did not bother to answer their door.
    I`m Jehovah Witness!I`m gonna bodyslam your door with a book of bible

I`m gonna bodyslam your door with a book of bible

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast