Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: another statue in kinnick

Quote Originally Posted by nickhawk View Post
    I think plaques somewhere in the stadium of all the 1st team all Americans would be cool. Seeing some recent names like Clayborn, Greene, Kaeding, Sanders, Clark and Dwight would be very cool for both the fans and potential recruits on gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by ibahawkeye View Post
    I think plaques somewhere in the stadium of all the 1st team all Americans would be cool. Seeing some recent names like Clayborn, Greene, Kaeding, Sanders, Clark and Dwight would be very cool for both the fans and potential recruits on gameday.
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by CWooD4 View Post
    Kinnick would also be a good option as well.
    I think one Nile Kinnick statue outside the stadium is probably good enough.

Without a doubt, it should be--and by should, I mean that this is WAY overdue--be Fred Becker. Who was Fred Becker?

1. An All-American Iowa FB player in the late teens, back when players from the Midwest almost never made AA squads, which were dominated by players from the East.

2. Becker was killed in WWI when he still had eligibility remaining--in other words, he was basically still a student who could've played if he'd returned home alive.

He is, in his own way, nearly as important in Iowa FB history as Nile Kinnick, yet he remains relatively unknown to nearly all Iowa fans. This is a travesty. He deserves a statue.

Re:another statue in kinnick

Cal Jones

Very cool idea. Need to sell the hawks to those recruits.

I am sure they take them past the trophy cases and hall of fame

Quote Originally Posted by TychoBrahe View Post
    Without a doubt, it should be--and by should, I mean that this is WAY overdue--be Fred Becker. Who was Fred Becker?

1. An All-American Iowa FB player in the late teens, back when players from the Midwest almost never made AA squads, which were dominated by players from the East.

2. Becker was killed in WWI when he still had eligibility remaining--in other words, he was basically still a student who could've played if he'd returned home alive.

He is, in his own way, nearly as important in Iowa FB history as Nile Kinnick, yet he remains relatively unknown to nearly all Iowa fans. This is a travesty. He deserves a statue.
    Very good idea here

I wouldnt want but a couple of statues, and some kind of banners and or plaques

Quote Originally Posted by BergHawk7 View Post
    If iowa were to put up another statue around kinnick stadium, who would you want to see? (coach Fry, Evy, or someone else) IMO I think they should put up more plaques/statues around kinnick to show off more of the history of the program.
    Just shoot me

Quote Originally Posted by uihawk82 View Post
    Very cool idea. Need to sell the hawks to those recruits.

I am sure they take them past the trophy cases and hall of fame
    Just tell them the rivalry trophies are out for cleaning and aren't residing in Ames, Lincoln, Minneapolis and Madison.
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the University of Iowa, and to the tradition for which it stands, one program, under God, indivisible, with winning and competitiveness sometimes.

"I am growing tired of you..."
    - Jon D. Miller, 11.30.2010

"I am not a fan of ... [OK4P]"
    - Jon D. Miller, 2.13.2008

Quote Originally Posted by rhoffs8 View Post
    I think one Nile Kinnick statue outside the stadium is probably good enough.
    My apologies, that did slip my mind that there already was one.

100 ft tall Bob Sanders
    If you have a problem with one of my posts please contact ChrisABraden.

"...the program sucks, he is a terrible D1 coach, KF is delusional,.... Deanvogs

^^^He didnt mean it like that, thats only part of his quote......the best part^^^

3:40 2nd Iowa 4th & 13 at Neb30 Wienke punts. Touchback. Ball on Neb20.

Add O'Keefe to your ignore list and life gets so much better...

Lebron James, for his 3 MVP awards and 8 All-Star Game appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by okeefe4prez View Post
    Just tell them the rivalry trophies are out for cleaning and aren't residing in Ames, Lincoln, Minneapolis and Madison.

Hey 819iowa did you see what this guy said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If you have a problem with one of my posts please contact ChrisABraden.

"...the program sucks, he is a terrible D1 coach, KF is delusional,.... Deanvogs

^^^He didnt mean it like that, thats only part of his quote......the best part^^^

3:40 2nd Iowa 4th & 13 at Neb30 Wienke punts. Touchback. Ball on Neb20.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTofTOWNHAWK View Post
    100 ft tall Bob Sanders
    So ....life size then?
    2013 Female HN Poster of the Year

"If we make a bowl game I will personally take Minnesota Hawkeye Freak out for a nice steak dinner, and then never call her again." Stanzi 4-8-2013...Still waiting Stanzi...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast