Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: the real difference between mj and lebron

Quote Originally Posted by CRwrestling View Post
    the difference for me between them is that the nba was so different in my childhood, and mj was the reason I watched. the nba in my childhood the players 'looked and seemed' like good guys and I grew a fan of the players through the ncaa tournament. then after mj the nba turned into a dirty version of the dirtiest ghetto nightclub. tattoos fights arrests and in general just not a great image. the unbalanced has cleaned up considerably but I just hate thinking that any player from this nba is as as good as the best player from from the golden era of my childhood nba. that said, lebron is. and the only finals I've watched since mj are the 3 lebron has been in.
    I'm really surprised you had time to write this between "Klan" meetings. Any thoughts about "racial cleansing" you'd like to share?

HN Legend

Re:the real difference between mj and lebron

If you want to see what a ***** Jordan really is, watch his Hall of Fame speech. With that said, I think he was the greatest player of all time, and I've never enjoyed watching anyone play more. He's different than most because of his psychotic will to win.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DJL View Post
    If you want to see what a ***** Jordan really is, watch his Hall of Fame speech. With that said, I think he was the greatest player of all time, and I've never enjoyed watching anyone play more. He's different than most because of his psychotic will to win.
    very true...i had forgot about that piece of self gratitude.

Sophomore

I think herby has somehow gained control of Foval's account.

Quote Originally Posted by BergHawk7 View Post
    When jordan played you gotta remember that he and the bulls were like celebrities everywhere they went, because they won all the time. Youre right that mj was never hated on lebrons level of hatred, people respected mj and loved him. At his final game as a wizard they played at philly, and he got a standing ovation when we left the court for the final time. Check it out on youtube. MJ was loved, lebron not.
    Jordan played at the perfect time for him. If he had been around for the social media age, most people would have a completely different view of him. MJ was heavily criticized for being a ballhog and being too soft to get by the Detroit Pistons but there was no internet and 24/7 sports coverage like there is now so it was never on the same level of criticism that LeBron has taken.

Also, when LeBron retires I guarantee he will be getting standing ovations on opponents floor. He's the greatest player of his generation, he will be a top 5 all time player when he's done.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by azhawkphan View Post
    I think herby has somehow gained control of Foval's account.
    i want to know what i did to make you think this. that way i can never do it again. that maybe the most hurtful thing to be said (written) to me.

The biggest difference (in the eyes of many) is that Jordan came out after his Frosh year and worked his way up to greatness and a title.

LeBron walks in with a "Chosen One" tatoo on his back. (please) And when he decides to go free agent and try another team (which is fine)... he has a freakin TV special called "THE DECISION".

Narcissism is so much more common in the 21st century (and especially in the NBA)...that many don't notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdrummer1 View Post
    The biggest difference (in the eyes of many) is that Jordan came out after his Frosh year and worked his way up to greatness and a title.

LeBron walks in with a "Chosen One" tatoo on his back. (please) And when he decides to go free agent and try another team (which is fine)... he has a freakin TV special called "THE DECISION".

Narcissism is so much more common in the 21st century (and especially in the NBA)...that many don't notice it.
    Don't know too much about Jordan do you?

HN Legend

new info...jordan came out after frosh yr...dont know where that came from as he played 3 yrs in college. maybe he didnt take any classes and just played ball and therefore was still academically a frosh.

The difference right now is many. James has many years ahead of him but right now IMO James can't hold MJ's jock when comparing them as players.. That is a fact!!

- 6 NBA Titles
    - 5 Time NBA MVP
    - 10 NBA Scoring Titles
    - 3 Time NBA Steal Leader
    - 9 First Team Defensive Selections
    - Defensive Player of the Year Awards
    - NCAA National Championship
    - Naismith College Player of the Year
    - John R Wooden Award Winner

HN Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HawkPrdatr40 View Post
    The difference right now is many. James has many years ahead of him but right now IMO James can't hold MJ's jock when comparing them as players.. That is a fact!!
    Interesting contradiction of terms.

I think MJ is the best as of now.....

LaBron is the best active player in the NBA, no doubt in my mind.....

I really do not understand the pure hatred for LeBron. He is intense on the floor, but seems to be well respected by his peers. His attitude, after the championship game was admirable. He personally spent time with every member of the Thunder and there was mutual respect. Both teams were gracious. It was somewhat unusual and good to see.....

It appears that people outside the city limits of Cleveland hate LeBron for leaving. He would have been a Fool to stay.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1jgFZZryE]LeBron James Arrogant Answer to his Haters along with Dwayne Wade - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeMike23 View Post
    I know plenty about Jordan. And if you're referring to his ego, competitive...sometimes overbearing presence at practice and with his teammates, etc yeah. All true, and well documented. He could be as difficult as anybody. And from what I've read of him, it all stemmed from his burning desire to win.

But I missed the part where he had his own TV special, and a pompous "I'm god's gift to basketball" tatoo (or whatever his was)...before he ever played a minute in the NBA.

Perhaps it's generational. So be it. I'm impressed with performance...not posturing.

The biggest diff (IMHO) is that James was "anointed" from day 1. Jordan was not. He built his rep thru his play. James has spent his career trying to match the hype.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdrummer1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeMike23 View Post
    I know plenty about Jordan. And if you're referring to his ego, competitive...sometimes overbearing presence at practice and with his teammates, etc yeah. All true, and well documented. He could be as difficult as anybody. And from what I've read of him, it all stemmed from his burning desire to win.But I missed the part where he had his own TV special, and a pompous "I'm god's gift to basketball" tatoo (or whatever his was)...before he ever played a minute in the NBA.Perhaps it's generational. So be it. I'm impressed with performance...not posturing.The biggest diff (IMHO) is that James was "anointed" from day 1. Jordan was not. He built his rep thru his play. James has spent his career trying to match the hype.
    i think he was referring to your saying jordan came out after his frosh yr. he didnt...he played 3 yrs in college.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast