Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 126
  1. #31
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    I aint treatin it as gospel but rumors break on Iowa message boards all the time that end up being true.

    The guy has posted solid info in the past, hard to believe that he does a 180 now and is just flinging poo.
    Are you referring to the one's where 20+ Iowa players would be kicked off the team after team wide drug tests? You see, there were some pretty good posters on this very website who were spreading these bogus rumors, maybe you were one of them I don't know.

  2. #32

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by JHHawk View Post
    It would be unprecedented for the NCAA to penalize PSU for a criminal matter like this where no actual NCAA rules were broken
    Lack of institutional control. Institutional integrity.

    Either is plenty of reason for the NCAA to bring the hammer down on PSU.

    Not that I expect the nutless wonders in charge to actually act, however.
    **** it.

  3. #33

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Remember when people on here wanted to hire Tom Bradley? LOL

  4. #34
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by silvanthalas View Post
    Lack of institutional control. Institutional integrity.

    Either is plenty of reason for the NCAA to bring the hammer down on PSU.

    Not that I expect the nutless wonders in charge to actually act, however.

    Name one time the NCAA has penalized any school for anything other than recruiting violations. I'll hang up and listen.

  5. #35
    HN Legend theboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    #1 Smug Fatboy
    Posts
    17,638

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Name one time the NCAA has penalized any school for anything other than recruiting violations. I'll hang up and listen.
    Name one other situation that comes within the same zip code of this on the F'd up scale.

    This is uncharted territory.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,131

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Are you referring to the one's where 20+ Iowa players would be kicked off the team after team wide drug tests? You see, there were some pretty good posters on this very website who were spreading these bogus rumors, maybe you were one of them I don't know.
    Where did I say every rumor on every message board was true?

    There has been lots of stories that have "broken" on here and other boards before it hit the mainstream media.

    And no, I did not spread or start any of the rumors about the drug tests or mass suspensions.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,131

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Name one time the NCAA has penalized any school for anything other than recruiting violations. I'll hang up and listen.

    Really? Wasnt SMU pretty much "pay for play" type of stuff.

    Also, OSU was tats/cash for memoribilia.

    USC and Reggie Bush had nothing to do with recruiting, IIRC.

  8. #38
    Graduate TritonHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    +41.6583496, -91.5507242
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Has the NCAA ever punished a university for something that doesn't affect the actual play on the field?I guess you could argue that Joe Pa and crew wouldn't have been coaching if this hadn't been covered up and therefore it did affect the product on the field. I'm just not sure if the NCAA will get involved here.
    This is probably the best argument that can be made...

    The only other argument I could offer would be the impact on the field based on recruiting if this had gone public 10 years ago. Though like one poster said it appears to have little if any impact on the 2013 class.

  9. #39
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by theboat View Post
    Name one other situation that comes within the same zip code of this on the F'd up scale.

    This is uncharted territory.
    Didn't Baylor have one basketball player kill another and the coaches helped cover it up or something like that?

    There was also a school, I won't name any names, that royally screwed up (at best, covered up at worst) a rape investigation leading to the dismissal of two administrators.

    I'd have no problems if the NCAA did punish schools for these types of things as I think they are a worse black eye for college football than a coach sending out too many texts. However, the NCAA has not been in the business of punishing schools for anything other than cheating.

  10. #40

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Name one time the NCAA has penalized any school for anything other than recruiting violations. I'll hang up and listen.
    Beyond what others have already mentioned, can you say with a straight face that the Baylor & Bliss sanctions were only due to recruiting violations and such? That the murder of one of the players and subsequent cover-up had nothing to do with it?

    But as I've said, after the NCAA decided to fire blanks at OSU, I expect next to nothing from them, regardless.
    **** it.

  11. #41
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Really? Wasnt SMU pretty much "pay for play" type of stuff.

    Also, OSU was tats/cash for memoribilia.

    USC and Reggie Bush had nothing to do with recruiting, IIRC.
    Ok, add paying players illegal benefits but I think you can wrap that into recruiting as well. Point still stands.

    You're arguing for what you want to see happen. I'm arguing what history shows will happen. Some of you are setting yourselves up to being ****** off in a few years.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,131

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Ok, add paying players illegal benefits but I think you can wrap that into recruiting as well. Point still stands.

    You're arguing for what you want to see happen. I'm arguing what history shows will happen. Some of you are setting themselves up to being ****** off in a few years.
    As boat said, history hasnt really seen anything like this ever.

    What else do you want to add to your list?

  13. #43
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by silvanthalas View Post
    Beyond what others have already mentioned, can you say with a straight face that the Baylor & Bliss sanctions were only due to recruiting violations and such? That the murder of one of the players and subsequent cover-up had nothing to do with it?

    But as I've said, after the NCAA decided to fire blanks at OSU, I expect next to nothing from them, regardless.
    Oh, I'm sure it had almost everything to do with those murders. Even with MURDER, the NCAA needed something as trivial as recruiting violations to punish Baylor. By the way, have you noticed how well Baylor's basketball program is doing?

  14. #44
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    As boat said, history hasnt really seen anything like this ever.

    What else do you want to add to your list?
    Nothing. Dexter explained it better than I did anyway. The NCAA doesn't handle anything other than cheating. I think you're going to be bitterly disappointed in a few years.

  15. #45

    Re: Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Really? Wasnt SMU pretty much "pay for play" type of stuff.

    Also, OSU was tats/cash for memoribilia.

    USC and Reggie Bush had nothing to do with recruiting, IIRC.
    Ok, recruiting and taking improper benefits which is against the NCAA rules. NCAA rules are all about cheating in recruiting or violating amateur status, i.e. getting payed to play, selling gear for money, getting a house for your mom.

    NCAA does not have laws against crimes, otherwise they could have punished Iowa among other schools for their athletes getting arrested. If NCAA were to do anything PSU could almost certainly take them to court and win.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •