Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,131

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by superfan12 View Post
    Joe Pa could use email?

    No, he didnt use it.

  2. #17

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneTwill View Post
    He *didn't* get fired at least one other time.

    But he DID one time.......

  3. #18

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by cmhawks99 View Post
    But he DID one time.......
    Yeah, and why did he get fired?

  4. #19

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    He quit, which many people seem to forget. He quit, effective at the end of the season. Then included some BS "those people better not spend one minute thinking about me", which was a veiled shot at the BOT.

    Only at that point did the BOT "fire" him. I don't think they would have had the balls to actually fire him.

    JoePa was the most powerful person in Pennsylvania.

  5. #20

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    The BOT fired him, but were under immense public pressure to do so.

    After the 2004 season the president and AD of PSU went to Joe's house and asked him to step down as coach. Joe kicked them out of his house. No single person at the University was as powerful as Joe Paterno.
    CM,

    Name one other coach that could do this and it would work? One. Look if you believe that Joe did nothing that is your business but you can't deny fact. The fact is Joe was not only the HC of their football team but he WAS the most powerful person at PSU whether you want to believe that or not it's up to you. Again go ahead and ask any PSU fan and they will tell you it's true. Besides the example above there are plenty of other things that he did that went above and beyond what a coach at any other school would get away with. Again that is a fact.

    By the way if KF had half the power that JoePa did, Coker would be working out with the rest of his Iowa teammates this summer.

  6. #21

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by superfan12 View Post
    Joe Pa could use email?
    No Kidding...this is kind of interesting because I'd be willing to bet Joe wrote about 10 emails during this timeframe...he may have read them but I'm sure he wasn't responding a whole lot.

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,131

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by WinOneThisCentury View Post
    No Kidding...this is kind of interesting because I'd be willing to bet Joe wrote about 10 emails during this timeframe...he may have read them but I'm sure he wasn't responding a whole lot.

    JoePa never used email in any way, shape or form. That is according to his family.

  8. #23

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    CM,

    Name one other coach that could do this and it would work? One. Look if you believe that Joe did nothing that is your business but you can't deny fact. The fact is Joe was not only the HC of their football team but he WAS the most powerful person at PSU whether you want to believe that or not it's up to you. Again go ahead and ask any PSU fan and they will tell you it's true. Besides the example above there are plenty of other things that he did that went above and beyond what a coach at any other school would get away with. Again that is a fact.

    By the way if KF had half the power that JoePa did, Coker would be working out with the rest of his Iowa teammates this summer.

    Here is what I know….the President of the United States is really powerful, but not as powerful as the “real” people behind the scenes….and I know Joe Pa had people that could and would fire him if he messed up enuff. We all look at things at face value and say “yep he is powerful” or” no one tells him what to do” but rarely does it really work out that way……

    There are big people (and money is what makes people “big”) that knew about this too. Joe Pa ran a successful football team…..he was well liked, by those with the money. THAT’S what gave him any power he had.

    Now you and others have assumed I’m defending Joe. Not true, Joe and his family don’t need me too defend them and they’ll answer to the real Truth one day. I’m defending or rather debating the way in which we process things….Joe is the “biggest” entity we can “see” therefore that’s who we want to go down and oh by the way take down the “football” team with him…….

    That’s convenient thinking IMHO and short sighted at that. Not to mention, now that he is dead he’ll be the automatic target for ALL peoples involved and you’ll all fall right into the trap with them…Heck he is dead, lets blame the dead guy and we will all go our merry way?!?! And we will all take the bait!

  9. #24

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    CM,

    Name one other coach that could do this and it would work? One. Look if you believe that Joe did nothing that is your business but you can't deny fact. The fact is Joe was not only the HC of their football team but he WAS the most powerful person at PSU whether you want to believe that or not it's up to you. Again go ahead and ask any PSU fan and they will tell you it's true. Besides the example above there are plenty of other things that he did that went above and beyond what a coach at any other school would get away with. Again that is a fact.

    By the way if KF had half the power that JoePa did, Coker would be working out with the rest of his Iowa teammates this summer.
    PS....somewhere, someone thinks KF has a lot of power and so on down the list.

  10. #25

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by cmhawks99 View Post
    PS....somewhere, someone thinks KF has a lot of power and so on down the list.
    and they would be just as wrong as you are about Paterno.

  11. #26
    HN Legend tweeterhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On a ranch in Nevada.
    Posts
    9,579

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    The selective leaks of e-mails damaging to Paterno, Spanier and Curley stinks and suggests prosecutors are worried that the conflicting testimony McQueary gave in the Sandusky case may have damaged him for their prosecution of the former university officials.
    Losing people you love affects you. It is buried inside of you and becomes this big, deep hole of ache. It doesn't magically go away, even when you stop officially mourning.

  12. #27

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    and they would be just as wrong as you are about Paterno.
    Awful bold statement being you really don’t know what I think about Joe, right?!

  13. #28

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by tweeterhawk View Post
    The selective leaks of e-mails damaging to Paterno, Spanier and Curley stinks and suggests prosecutors are worried that the conflicting testimony McQueary gave in the Sandusky case may have damaged him for their prosecution of the former university officials.

    Couple things here.....



    1st….Its nice to see someone looking at the depth of this and the subtle nuances playing out before our eyes..

    2nd….most of them, maybe all of them including Joe are all likely complicit to out and out criminal in what they did or not do. Buuuuttt all the same there are some strange goings on here with this email deal and power people behind the scenes railroad people all the time. Sometimes the peopled railroaded have it coming, maybe even most of the time, but there is usually a money trail somewhere attached to people big enuff to “not” be involved.

  14. #29

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Quote Originally Posted by cmhawks99 View Post
    Buuuuttt all the same there are some strange goings on here with this email deal and power people behind the scenes railroad people all the time. Sometimes the peopled railroaded have it coming, maybe even most of the time, but there is usually a money trail somewhere attached to people big enuff to “not” be involved.

    Buuuuuuttttt alllllssssoooooooo, fat cat elder statesmen cover up and sweep things under the rug for their buddies all the time.

  15. #30
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Apathy
    Posts
    3,782
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Paterno family asks for release of ALL emails…

    Pretty good thread. Some good points by the OP.

    I'll stop reading it after about half of page 3 though. By then everyone will just be questioning everyone else's ability to read, etc, etc ad infinitum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •