Two Weeks of Big Ten Football are in the books. Here is how we rank the league at this time, based on what we have seen.
1. PENN STATE: James Frankin with strong talk after their win v Pitt
2. MICHIGAN: Felt like a ‘ho-hum’ win over Cincy, but they were in control
3. OHIO STATE: They were embarrassed at home by Oklahoma, did damage to league
4. WISCONSIN: Florida Atlantic rushed for over 100 yards, so there is hope
5. IOWA: Offense answered a lot of questions against Iowa State
6. MICHIGAN STATE: Defense was solid, offense was productive
7. MARYLAND: Blew out Towson, which is what you have to do when you play Towson
8. INDIANA: QB controversey in Bloomington?
9. PURDUE: Followed up salty game vs Louisville with impressive win vs Ohio, big offensive numbers
10. MINNESOTA: Oregon State is bad, but so are 9pm West Coast starts
11. NORTHWESTERN: Gained 191 yards, allowed 538 at…Duke?
12. NEBRASKA: BINO’s allowed over 400 yards and 42 points…by halftime at Oregon.
13. ILLINOIS: 2-0 for first time in a long while
14. RUTGERS: Losing at home to Eastern Michigan will get you here
1) Penn State
Will now hold this spot as the defending champions until somebody takes it from them.
Another dominant defensive performance, and another sloppy offensive effort.
3) Ohio State
Suffered its worse home loss since 1999, and JT Barrett again looks lost.
Another key injury on defense, but Jonathan Taylor looks like their next star RB.
Related In HawkeyeNation Forums
Is averaging over 50 points per game so far with freshmen quarterbacks.
Akrum Wadley looks like Ronnie Harmon and Nathan Stanley is off to a hot start.
7) Michigan State
Sparty already one win away from matching last season’s win total.
Freshman QB Peyton Ramsey leads Hoosiers to first win at Virginia.
It’s not often a Big Ten team wins a night road game on the West Coast.
That was Boilermakers’ most dominant FBS win since 2012.
Related In HawkeyeNation Articles
September 19, 2017 — Notebook: Wadley Done High-Stepping, Snyder Improving, Rogaine
In this week's Hawkeye football notebook, Akrum Wadley's new plan after touchdowns, Brandon Snyder's recovery, Bo Bower's hair loss and more.
The only other team to hold Hilltoppers to that few points in their last 30 games — Alabama.
Just an absolutely brutal performance, with Duke outgaining Northwestern, 538-157.
Right now the black shirts are more like the no shirts, no shoes, no defense.
Eastern Michigan is now 1-58 all-time against the Big Ten.