2019 Tyreke Locure

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by tksirius, Mar 9, 2017.

1. tksirius

tksirius HN's Love Doctor

Wouldn't y'all want Allen Iverson to go along with Larry Bird?

Hawkboys and CP87 like this.
  2. Hillcrest1981

Hillcrest1981 Well-Known Member

Who are the two Africans? Number 0 and #5?

3. tksirius

4. Cableman

Cableman Well-Known Member

He's had a very good high school career. Good to see he has his teammates support. He should be proud

5. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

Probably not. Because even though he's going there they won't care as much as he does...

6. tksirius

Don't be surprised if Upper Iowa snags another Mr. Iowa Basketball again.
    He plays in 2A, but Upper Iowa commit Jake Hilmer might just come away with the award... Reminds me of Troy Skinner a lil bit though. o_O

25.5pts
    11.45 assists
    6.18 Ass/TO ratio
    5 steals
    4.2 rebounds

7. CP87

CP87 Well-Known Member

Holy crap! Can that assist # be legit? That is massive for someone also scoring 25 a game (in a 32 min game)!

8. tksirius

A lot of people believe that Horner's assist numbers were fudged. Seems like an easy stat to alter.

9. Knight78

Knight78 Well-Known Member

In one of my seasons, I had my point guard average just over 30 points a game, 8 assists per game and 8 rebounds per game and shot over 45% from 3. He pretty much controlled the ball the whole game, had a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio and was pretty much the only player I had. None of the other players shot over 40% for the season. Make no mistake that the kid was a player but as a team we were only won 5 games that year - happens when you start two freshmen and two sophs in HS ball.

10. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

Assists are tough. Not everyone tracks it the same. Is an assist only for a pass where the scorer does not dribble, or maybe has one dribble? It can be very subjective. For instance, who gets the assist on this play?

thedukeofearl and Hawkfnntn like this.
  11. tksirius

BTW, on Wednesday in an 83-53 win over Fort Dodge, Locure passed Jeff Horner for 2nd on 4A's career scoring list. He's now 178 points behind Joe Wieskamp. I imagine he won't pass him, so Locure should finish his career:
    1st in 4A career steals
    2nd in 4A career points
    2nd in 4A career assists

slankyJ likes this.
  12. tksirius

Last night, DM North beat the #1 ranked team in Iowa (Waukee) 78-70.

Locure had 29pts, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals

13. hawkation

hawkation Well-Known Member

Is there internet in south alabama?

14. SidFarkas

SidFarkas Well-Known Member

*Waukee playing without best player and point guard Noah Hart who tore ACL a few weeks ago..

15. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I would take Noah Hart on a bad leg over Locure.

SidFarkas likes this.
  16. SidFarkas

SidFarkas Well-Known Member

Hart was a tough defender at the point. Feel for kids that get a season ending injury as a Senior.

17. tksirius

I guess that makes sense why North was leading by so much throughout the game.

18. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

tksirius likes this.
  19. tksirius

20. homes

homes Well-Known Member

Geez, Tyreke couldn't even make that shot. No wonder he wasn't offered by Iowa. Now, for the kid who did, keep your eye on him.