Are the Clowns due?

Discussion in 'Football' started by HawksMN, Sep 12, 2019.

1. HawksMN

HawksMN Well-Known Member

Will they come out all hard and ready?

I think the Hawks have the better squad on paper BUT will the gods smile on the clowns this year?

2. cincyhawk

cincyhawk Well-Known Member

If they can get to Stanley up the middle, yeah. If not, all we have to do is kick field goals.

3. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

I saw a stat that Iowa hasn’t turned the ball over in this series since 2015. We also haven’t turned the ball over yet this year.

We cold be due for a turnover in this one...

4. chucktownhawk

chucktownhawk Well-Known Member

No, but i do think ISU puts up one helluva fight. Our line will start to wear them down eventually. We need to run the ball, open up the defense for our receivers. I can't wait !! 18 holes at 10am, kickoff at 3pm, and plenty of beers in between.....Go Hawks!

HawkeyeWalker and Denverhawk1 like this.
  5. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

Purdy is 0-2 vs top 60 total defenses. Campbell is 1-6 in his last 7 games vs top 60 total defenses in 2017 & 2018. Campbell is 3-13 vs P5 top 75 total defenses during his time at ISU. Iowa has faced 19 top 60 defenses (3x as many) and is 11-8 in those games in 2017 & 2018.

6. Stanzi

Stanzi Well-Known Member

Yep, just look at Purdy's best games last season. They were all against bad defensive teams. When he played against good defenses he struggled quite a bit. I think he's a good QB but if we can pressure him early and often I think we can rattle him and win comfortably.

7. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

It'sa top 5 cliche with the Hawks and I hate tying this, but they're a 2nd half team. My prediction is it's 3-3 at half but Reiff, Gholston, Epenesa, and Lattimore wear those shemale OLs out and start getting to Purdy Mouth.17-13 Hawks, we give up one TD due to someone on our typical Swiss cheese secondary getting burned.

8. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

They are due, to get their asses handed to them on Saturday!

9. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Great information. Someone should post that over on Cyclone Fanatic.

10. vork22

vork22 Well-Known Member

On a side note, Purdy’s brother Chubba is a highly recruited dual threat QB playing out here at Perry. He committed to Louisville but was recruited by a slew of good teams including Iowa according to Rivals.

11. ChosenChildren

ChosenChildren Well-Known Member

Worried about our defensive backfield. Lots o injuries

SteveGarvey1 likes this.
  12. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

Me too but isu’s backfield has two players with a whopping one game of experience vs uni. Iowa could light them up just as much.

Herkeye1986 and ChosenChildren like this.
  13. homes

homes Well-Known Member

Iowa State and “due” are antonyms.

14. westender

westender Well-Known Member

Just be physical. Want to see a couple strip sacks. If Purdy doesn't get the ball out in like 3 seconds they are gonna have to keep extra help in to block. Linebackers need to cover!

15. PlatypusMessiah

PlatypusMessiah Well-Known Member

If Iowa blows out ISU, my expectations are going to explode.

SteveGarvey1 likes this.
  16. ibahawkeye

ibahawkeye Well-Known Member

There's certainly a lot of chatter about how ISU has improved their program under Cambell and rightfully so.

However, Iowa has also improved their program. It's been a long time since I felt like Iowa had the better skill positions and I think we still have a significant advantage at the line.

I'm trying not to overreact to ISU playing UNI tight and not try to see this through black and gold lenses but I think Iowa is the better team.

HaydenHawk56 likes this.
  17. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

Yes we did, we lost that Ross fumble lateral thingy.

NikeHawk21 and SweatHawk like this.
  18. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

We do that and we'll be in the conversation for dark horses to make the playoff.

Lose big and the narrative is that we might be a 6-6 team, headed for the Meinicke Car Care Bowl.

19. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

Got a feeling the clones pull this one out. Home field, they've had this game circled on the calendar for awhile...and, well....KFz. The only coach who manages to lose to ISU nearly half the time.

I hope I'm wrong...My heart is with the HAWKS, but my money is on the other side this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    KCHawkeye likes this.
  20. dahlhawk

dahlhawk Well-Known Member

I didn't know they were pregnant.

HaydenHawk56 and AreWeThereYet like this.