Billy Taylor - New Director of Iowa Basketball Operations

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by eyekwah, Jul 27, 2013.

1. eyekwah

eyekwah Well-Known Member

2. imported_ankle23

imported_ankle23 Well-Known Member

wow, what a staff Fran has put together - another former head coach and conference champ.

3. wundergrape

wundergrape Well-Known Member

Fact: Our assistant coaching staff has a combined fourty-four years of college head coaching experience.

4. Casey388

Casey388 Well-Known Member

That is an incredible stat. Part of me wonders how good if a coach Fran is or if he is a very smart guy. Think its probably the fact he's just a smart good coach.

5. sportstalent

sportstalent Well-Known Member

Yes

6. sportstalent

It is a shame to see an Icon in Jerry Strom step down, but I think Fran has done a tremendous job yet again of filling a position.

7. JHHawk

JHHawk Well-Known Member

Great hire by Fran. This guy can step in if one of our assistants gets another job,also.
    Fran gets it...always has,always will.

8. HawkeyeMHA

HawkeyeMHA Well-Known Member

Well he's nothing compared to the mayor fred. Ugh. That's what I read over on clown town

9. sportstalent

Really ISU finds its way in this....

10. HawkeyeMHA

HawkeyeMHA Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry, I knew that when I posted but the one and only time I was over on the clown board they were saying how great Fred was compared to Fran and it ****** me off. This reminded me of that. Disregard. I said nothing.!

11. AnyoneButYou

AnyoneButYou Well-Known Member

I sure would take ISU results under Fred.

12. imported_ankle23

imported_ankle23 Well-Known Member

? not sure if serious.

for starters - iowa and iowa state had identical records last year AND iowa beat them head to head. he is taking some short term success and sacrificing the long term. some of his transfers have panned out, but that is not always going to be the case. when that isn't the case, you lose out on a true freshman/foundation laying player.

i'm very happy the way fran is building the iowa program. jury's still out on floyd.

13. wundergrape

wundergrape Well-Known Member

I'm good with ours.

Secondarily, how many trolls are the clowns gonna throw at us? Are they doing this because they think it will help them stop being irrelevant?

14. Tmoney12

Tmoney12 Well-Known Member

15. sportstalent

No worries brother...all good and it is okay to get ****** off at ISU fans.

16. sportstalent

How many are here and that is your answer. Secondly, ISU is only relevant to the state of Iowa.

17. Casey388

FIFY

18. Jjgoiowa11

Jjgoiowa11 Well-Known Member

Huh cleetus?

19. Casey388

I may or may not have drank half a bottle of Bacardi Oakheart before writing that post. So that should explain it.