Bohannon surgery -might miss season

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by spliff45, May 21, 2019.

1. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

JBo might be near All American on the "right" team. Glad he chose Iowa as his right team.

2. rdawsoniii

rdawsoniii Active Member

Well shoot.....this is going to make next season even more difficult. Hopefully Joe T. can make positive contributions.

3. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

thedukeofearl likes this.
  4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I am going to buy a powerball ticket as the odds are much better. ;)

Adam and tweeterhawk like this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I agree with these sentiments.

6. ModebaSan

ModebaSan Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can find a grad transfer point guard who is immediately eligible.

7. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

Fran is way more likely to sign high school senior than a transfer IMO. Think Williams, Daily, etc.

8. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

Define shit season. I need a total wins number. Could be I’m your guy.

tmess1989 likes this.
  9. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

Assuming Bohannon has to sit out this season, this is what we have lost so far stat wise:

Points per game: 44.5 (56.8%) of team points
    Boards per game: 19 (53.2%) of team rebounds
    Assists per game: 9.8 (62.4%) of team assists
    Steals per game: 3.6 (58%) of team steals
    Blocks per game: 1.7 (51.5% of team blocks

10. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Losing 3 starters who had eligibility left hurts bad. At least if Bohannon is out we can hopefully get someone who can shoot some 3s. (Just trying to 1 up Oldhawk in the "no idea how to properly dis a player" department)

11. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

I believe it was you that started the thread about the off-season being a major disappointment for Iowa. Pretty hard for anyone to argue that now.

NikeHawk21 and tmess1989 like this.
  12. theboat

theboat Well-Known Member

Comparing Ferentz to Fran is like comparing apples to toothpaste.

13. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

Very bad scenario: JBO misses next season
    Even worse scenario: JBO tries to come back, fails, and loses his red shirt year.
    I actually hope for his sake, he takes the red shirt and has a good chance to play at the top of his game in the future.

Talk about tough: The pain this kid must have endured, even with continued shots before games, must have been more than any of us could handle. And, he was still one of the big reasons we won 23 games. Geez.

14. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

No, he's to easy to make an example of. And it's not like he's some thirty year old curmudgeon living in his parents basement. He sounds like he's well into his fifties. That make his unrelenting diatrol even more perplexing.

15. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Probably throw a full ride scholarship to a guy that plays in intramurals on campus.

"Happy to get him, really smooth, been keeping an eye on him for a long time."

AnyoneButYou likes this.
  16. SomersHawk

SomersHawk Well-Known Member

Wow just when a guy thinks maybe the annual summer bad news concerning BB has gone away it has come back with a vengeance. Used to ALWAYS be some during the off season. If there was BB news it was never good, but hasn't been anything significant for several years it seems. Craps of him redshirting for following year then next years news will be JW is going pro. Being optimistic and a Hawk BB fan can be challenging at times.

17. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Well, shoot. If JBo can't play we will have gone in about seven weeks from having five returning seniors to having one.

Ryan K better be alert for ladders, broken mirrors, black cats, etc.

thedukeofearl likes this.
  18. Fryowa

Fryowa Well-Known Member

The homers will use it as the excuse for why we only win 8 games next year. As if Bohannon would create 15 more wins by being in the lineup.

19. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

I haven't gone through and W/L, but I'd say no shot at the NCAA tournament whatsoever. Probably something like a low seeded NIT team or maybe worse.

20. tmess1989

tmess1989 Well-Known Member

If it was really known for awhile the extent of the injury and that surgery would be required then common sense would say that this surgery would have been scheduled sooner. So I don't buy into the thinking that this was known when Moss or Dailey made their decisions to transfer.