Bowl game NOT coming to Wrigley Field in 2020

Discussion in 'Football' started by guffus, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Seth53

Seth53 Well-Known Member

Duluth. In a hockey rink in the UP. Siberia comes to mind.

2. judzeehawk

judzeehawk Well-Known Member

There used to be the same number of teams. Basketball tourney vs. Bowl games. Yet nobody complains about all of the lousy basketball games. Don't care either way just saying.

3. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Kirk himself said this morning on a radio show you should have to have a winning record.

Creating more bowls is liking creating a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Long term solution for them will be to allow more teams to become D-1 programs, thus making their quota of teams with at least a 6-6 record. But then they'd just add more bowls and the cycle would never end.

4. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

Enjoy yourself. I'll be inside where it's warm or at a bowl destination where shirt sleeves are enough.

5. pythagoras

pythagoras Well-Known Member

Please point out to me where I said I was going? Learn to read.

6. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

lighten up Francis

7. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

7-5 for a P5 school mostly likely has non winning record in conference. Nah

8. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Ran a jaunt up to Wrigley once we go to the Chicago Bowl-a likelihood by 2024-by the wife last night. Didn't go real well. She looked at me like it was the dumbest idea she's ever heard from me. And I've had some really dumb ideas before.

9. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

10. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever seen Gary Barta and Jim Delaney together in the same room?

11. koralakers

koralakers Well-Known Member

Actually like the idea. 1) more football, the better 2)close proximity--many can easily make game. Games in FL/CA, etc cost more money and time and even planning (a vacation) 3) LOVE cold weather football--every time we lose to a FL school in Florida, or Texas school in Texas, I complain that we would whop em if they played us back home, instead of their backyard.

Don't understand why ppl complain about more football. Jeez, if 200 kids teams only reached 6-6--let them feel important for 3 hours and play in a dam bowl game

12. Ree4

Ree4 Well-Known Member

I'm all for more football but playing it on a baseball field in late December is a dumb idea IMO

13. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

I love it, a bowl game in the midwest! Make those warm weathered schools come play football in the midwest. Heck if tickets were reasonable I might go.

14. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

The tickets are usually cheap.

15. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

So this is happening!

16. pythagoras

pythagoras Well-Known Member

No negotiations fell through 2 years ago

17. The Big LeHAWKski

The Big LeHAWKski Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. The Big LeHAWKski

The Big LeHAWKski Well-Known Member

65% ???
    The latest sign that the apocalypse is upon us.

19. IowaHawkeyeFB

IowaHawkeyeFB Well-Known Member

Almost a certainty 5-7 teams will go on the regular now. Should eliminate three of them.

20. guffus

guffus Well-Known Member