Clone reporter calls JBO “trash”

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Scott Leclair, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Scott Leclair

Scott Leclair Well-Known Member

So Ben Bruns, Cyclone-nation and sideline reporter for the ISU football team. Sent out a tweet calling JBOs kiss blow/shoe signing trash. Said it was classless.. Can anyone recall a UI reporter/analyst calling an ISU kid trash??

2. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Classic little brother inferiority complex. Evidently it was OK for Georges Niang to blow kisses at the Carver fan base a few years ago. And evidently it was Ok for Jacobsen to instigate last year, and for Johnny Orr to go after Gary Close in the handshake line after the Lafester Rhodes game.

If JBo's act was classless than Niang's was just as classless. It's like @Unknownbadger trying to explain that Bert had just cause to run up scores but Hayden didn't.

3. tksirius

tksirius HN's Love Doctor

Well, let's go slap him around a lil bit. Who's driving?

4. hawkation

hawkation Well-Known Member

5. Hawkeyes5

Hawkeyes5 Well-Known Member

I will drive if you buy! Lol. Roadtrip!

tksirius likes this.
  6. Hawkeyes5

Hawkeyes5 Well-Known Member

Hell I would even throw in some BUSCH LATTES if it supports the ISU student giving up beer money for Steads

7. proudhawkfan21

proudhawkfan21 Well-Known Member

Ben's a good dude! I coached and taught him in high school. He's a big one, good luck if you're going to see him lol He's passionate about the Cyclones. Other than that..he's ok :)

iloveyoularrystation likes this.
  8. WinOneThisCentury

WinOneThisCentury Well-Known Member

Give them their trash talk, my god...it's all they have. Football (5 in a row), Basketball (2 in a row), Wrestling...well...Women's basketball...they haven't won anything in a few years. It's hard on them.

Pretty much the only thing they have been successful at is harassing our band.

9. tksirius

Bigger they are, the louder they cry.

10. Hawkboys

Hawkboys Well-Known Member

What if the kiss wasn't for Cyclones but for friends and family that made the trip?

I just don't get why people are see easily offended.

11. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

12. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

Apparently, Iowa State's Monte Morris was going to do in Carver last year what J-Bo just did with his shoes at Hilton. That plan that Morris had in mind tanked though when ISU lost to Iowa last year. Bohannon got wind of it and that is why he did it the other night.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  13. tksirius

Luke's not really an Iowa fan. He's more of an Alford/Indiana fan.

14. CP87

CP87 Well-Known Member

I was not a big fan of the move, but not offended either. I think these guys should have fun, and the back-and-forth between Iowa and ISU players seems largely good-natured. The main thing I take exception to is the pre-meditated nature of it, and the "look at me" aspect. It is not bad per se, just a generational change that I am still uncomfortable with.

In contrast, I enjoyed the Duncan kiss. The big difference in my mind is that it seemed spontaneous and exuberant as opposed to pre-meditated.

99topdawg and PawkHawk1 like this.
  15. tksirius

We're not talking about premeditated murder here. Geez.

16. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

Clown fans are so thinned skin it is incredible. I mean they had the biggest shit talking douche in the world as a players in Niang and they loved him. They have a shit talking troll for an AD and they absolutely worship him. Yet when someone else gives them the tinniest taste of their own medicine, they cry like the Crown bitches they are.

Ree4, Hawk4Fan, hawkdrummer1 and 4 others like this.
  17. NEIChawk

NEIChawk Well-Known Member

I'm already there! Doing a little recon. I have him pinned down at Hickory Park, washing dishes in the back.

tksirius likes this.
  18. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

I didn't have a problem with Niang trolling Iowa fans and blowing a kiss to the Carver crowd.

I didn't have a problem with what J-Bo did.

19. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

No kidding they are early 20's, shit talking is part of it. Heck Morris was gonna leave his shoes at Carver if they would have beaten Iowa, you think Bruns would have called him "Trash" like he did Bohannon?

eledmonster likes this.
  20. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Man Bohannon must have been pretty damn confident they were going to win since he told him he was going to leave a present before the game even started.