Connor done with baseball for the summer

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by spliff45, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Ree4

Ree4 Well-Known Member

I'd sign up to crash some boards for him for an afternoon

thedukeofearl likes this.
  2. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I listened to the Horner podcast and he was talking about his freshman year. Said he was always a really confident guy but by the end of the year he was second guessing every shot he took. Said he list all confidence and shot terrible. Connor was the first person I thought of. I bet this year he has twice as many attempts and shoots high 30s.

3. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

You underestimate the impact the speed of the game on confidence for the role he us tryinv to play. It isnt there.

4. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

He had plenty of open shots that he passed up on. I agree that the speed of the game is a factor. But so is being a first year player. It made Horner hesitant and you can tell Connor was too. He didn't look to be afraid of the speed to me. In fact, he looked extremely comfortable out there other than the times he was deciding whether or not to shoot.

Ree4 likes this.
  5. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

Mcaffery s generally dont suffer from low esteem:D...

6. PawkHawk1

PawkHawk1 Well-Known Member

With the 3 point line being moved back even more next year, you'd think his percentage certainly won't improve much. I'd be focusing on a better mid-range jumper and my inside game more than anything.

7. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I agree. But I wouldn't have thought Horner would have issues with it either.

8. RADMAN

RADMAN Well-Known Member

At best he is average at the point. I hope one of the newbys is a sleeper..