Cook

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by longtimer, Mar 24, 2019.

1. longtimer

longtimer Well-Known Member

It got so bad he really wanted out of the game with the injury?
    My advice Stay in school and get your degree. You are going to need it

2. HawkI4eva

HawkI4eva Well-Known Member

Get over yourself dude...he's part of the reason we came back. No need to be a dbag. They were the better team.

Stanzi, Northside Hawk and HawkeyeBK like this.
  3. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Okay, let's have a division 1 athlete roll into your knee and buckle it and see if YOU want to stay in the game.

He's had a knee issue, probably has been limited in practice. For him to come back and do what he did in the second half was impressive in it's own right.

HuckFinn likes this.
  4. ibahawkeye

ibahawkeye Well-Known Member

I hope Fran can convince him to stay and make a run at something special next year.

His only other options are G league or over seas. He’s obviously not ready for the NBA. 4s in the league can shoot. Being a good athlete isn’t enough unless your like Draymond who does all the small things great like Defend and pass.

HuckFinn likes this.
  5. Bigtenchamp

Bigtenchamp Well-Known Member

Mixed emotions about having Cook for next year...

HaydenHawk56, NEIChawk and 1hawkeye1 like this.
  6. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Good Tyler: Goes coast to coast under control and makes nice reverse layup under control.

Bad Tyler: Hangs his head after missing shot, fails to get back, and leaves guards in a lurch in defensive transition.

HaydenHawk56 likes this.
  7. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

For as much as I’ve been hard on Cook I’d still prefer to have him back. One thing I would say is he has improved each season.

HaydenHawk56, DDThompson and Stanzi like this.
  8. hawkinn3

hawkinn3 Well-Known Member

I like him as a piece but he’s clearly not a star you can rely on.

NikeHawk21 likes this.
  9. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

He is fundamentally unsound, has zero confidence in a jump shot, although a high grade athlete. However, I think his biggest weakness is, he gets very nervous and thinks too much, and panics under pressure. It is tough to miss 3 consecutive free throws, among other gaffs, consistently.

10. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

If cook comes back next year I think we're guaranteed to be preseason ranked. We'd return everyone but Baer. If he doesn't we will have to find out what nunge has been doing with his redshirt.

As frustrating as cook has been, this team is better with him. There's no one player who can directly replace him, however there are pieces there that could get nicely.

11. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

If Cook returns I see us as a legitimate top 20 level team (if all goes well). Without Cook I think we are an at large type team.

12. smhawk

smhawk Well-Known Member

NBA g league pays a lot better and it's not impossible that he would make a spot there. He wasn't committed to rebounding and defense for maybe half the season.

That effort can be contagious. I'm not convinced this team is better with him. At his best, of course...