Deanthony Arnett?

Discussion in 'Football' started by IowaTeddy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. IowaTeddy

IowaTeddy Well-Known Member

I just saw that Deanthony Arnett is transferring from Tennessee. He wants to move back closer to home for family reasons. Iowa recruited him hard a year ago, but I'm guessing he will choose one of his home-state Michigan schools. Maybe there's a chance though

2. hawkfarmer

hawkfarmer Well-Known Member

no chance, says he wants to go to UM or MSU. He will be in the state of Michigan.

3. thejumper5

thejumper5 Well-Known Member

He wants to be closer to his father, who is apparently gravely ill. Iowa City is only about an hour closer to Saginaw than Knoxville is. I would be really surprised if he isn't at Michigan or MSU.

4. Section136

Section136 Well-Known Member

No chance at all actually. Father is sick and Tennessee originally was only going to release him to MAC schools if he wanted to move back to Michigan and make him pay his own way if he went to Michigan or MSU.

Dooley has since changed his mind and he can go anywhere he likes. Iowa has no chance and I doubt they even attempt to make contact.

DeAnthony Arnett granted release by Tennessee Volunteers - ESPN

5. IowaTeddy

IowaTeddy Well-Known Member

Honestly I know it's not going to happen. But I just remember his name vividly and he kept Iowa in it a long time. Then I saw his name on the side ticker of the ESPN.com home page and thought about it.

Random: Another guy that Iowa recruited down to the wire was Jersey linebacker Kalil Glaud, who plays for Rutgers. Saw him in the bowl game. He looks good. Nephew of former Iowa linebacker Leroy Smith

6. superfan12

superfan12 Well-Known Member

Dude's going to Michigan I bet. He won't even have to sit out a year due to his father being ill.

7. spliff45

spliff45 Well-Known Member

8. superfan12

superfan12 Well-Known Member

Who's gonna be Sparty's QB next year?

9. TylerSash

TylerSash Banned

Their backup, Maxwell.