Did Jim Bain come out of retirement to ref the last 5 seconds?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by koralakers, Feb 16, 2020.

1. koralakers

koralakers Well-Known Member

Unreal. Thot for sure headed to OT w no Luka. Ref got bailed out by Oturu choking

2. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

Nailed it.

3. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

I bet Garza had 5 fouls during that game, they just weren’t the ones the refs called. I mean you’d have thought Garza was a true Fr and not an AA, the way the refs called ticky tack shit on Garza.

tksirius and koralakers like this.
  4. SidFarkas

SidFarkas Well-Known Member

Imagine if we had gone to OT without Luka.

5. The Big LeHAWKski

The Big LeHAWKski Well-Known Member

Horrible calls throughout the game, but to call that on Garza in the game's final critical last minute?? Inexcusable.
    That Ref needs demoted by B1G. The players and coaches on both sides deserved much better today.

tksirius and thedukeofearl like this.
  6. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Jim Beam could have officiated that game better.

Or perhaps the refs had too much of it.

chucktownhawk and koralakers like this.
  7. koralakers

koralakers Well-Known Member

Would have prolly lost by ten and this board would have exploded

8. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Ronald McDonald would have short circuited his keyboard in orgasm.

chucktownhawk and koralakers like this.
  9. revkev73

revkev73 Well-Known Member

Calls don't matter, Iowa won. Take the pain Minnesota.

10. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Lol so true. They missed all the real fouls and called stupid ones. How many extra fouls did Minnesota commit on Garza than were called? Maybe 5 more or so?

11. 1980HAWKFAN

1980HAWKFAN Well-Known Member

The Oturu free throw miss was the basketball gods making it all right in the world. That was a terrible call given the time left in that game and all the mugging they allowed through out the entire game then to call that .

12. smitharooney

smitharooney Well-Known Member

Garza throws about 50 elbows a game . We have been fortunate most aren’t called

13. AIRHAWK

AIRHAWK Well-Known Member

Multiple plays where a player for either team would lower their shoulder and pile drive his defender...no calls. Terrible officiating.
    I swear Kriener did it a couple times just to see how far he could go...still...no call

14. tweeterhawk

tweeterhawk Well-Known Member

Basketball gods must be in the same guild as soccer gods. When you call a debatable foul in the Penalty Area, part of you — the ref — hopes the kicker misses the penalty kick. Or the keeper saves it. When either happens, Hallelujah!

15. The Big LeHAWKski

The Big LeHAWKski Well-Known Member

Jim Bain...JFC I was just a young kid then, maybe 8 or 9 and I remember sitting on the floor watching the game with my Dad. Also recall the look of shock on Kevin Boyle's face when he was easily 5-6 feet away from the foul. Wasn't it Mark Gannon who really committed the foul?
    Yet I can't recall what I should from last week.

16. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]