Does the defense plan to get off the bus?

Discussion in 'Football' started by okeefe4prez, Dec 27, 2019.

1. okeefe4prez

okeefe4prez Well-Known Member

Typical Iowa. We have a great offensive game plan and the defense squanders it. We're clearly trying to dominate TOP to keep them from getting exposed. Ugh.

2. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

need to disguise blitzes and play pass defense on the other side of the LOS

4. okeefe4prez

Their receivers are just too good. We have to just sell out at least every third play or something. Our core philosophy is based on forcing them to execute 10 plays and they can obviously do that.

5. Healzya

Healzya Well-Known Member

Looks like the game plan. Just sit back and limit them to short gains. Shorten the game.

6. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

USC has a really good offense, but we had a near pick, we had a fumble overruled, still giving up some big third downs. But on that last drive Golston was held big time right in front of the head ref with no call and they pick up a first down on 3rd and 10, they would have had to punt.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    BVHawk95 and HuckFinn like this.
  7. okeefe4prez

Yeah, I was just trying to fire up the boys in case they have HN running on the sideline. 14 points before my rant, 3 after. At this point we basically just have to go for 2 splash plays and we should have it in the bag.

8. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

Yup. Absolutely accurate post.

9. BVHawk95

BVHawk95 Well-Known Member

At least 3 of those WRs will be playing in the NFL, and that's not even considering the rest of their O.

I'd say our D is doing fine, all things considered, and you know PP will work his magic ik the 2nd half.

10. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

I meant to say 'offense' and I corrected that but I think everyone knows what I meant

HuckFinn likes this.
  11. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

I could see the second half settling down a bit. I'm glad we have a two score lead.

12. okeefe4prez

Had a two score lead.

13. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

Hawkfnntn likes this.