Fran, Baer, Moss at B1G Media Day

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by RobHowe, Oct 11, 2018.

1. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

2. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

Interesting that JW was brought up but Cook wasn't at all... Can't talk about everyone and everything I guess but that sorta surprised me that with Cook flirting with going pro and all that he'd have been brought up.

3. tksirius

tksirius HN's Love Doctor

Sounds like Fran is focusing on transition defense. That's good, but I wonder what he's emphasizing in the half court D.

Also, the Messiah has arrived! ;)

Ian Pike Hammer likes this.
  4. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

I dont even care if wieskamp can score or not. This team doesnt need more scoring. They need defense and rebounds

5. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why Cook wasn’t there?

6. JG10Hawk

JG10Hawk Well-Known Member

Nor was Bohannon, arguably the 2 best players. Fran opted to take the more veteran guys in Baer (5th year) and Moss (4th year) in the program. I believe Cook and Baer went last year if memory serves me right.

7. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Moss is from Chicago. Probably had something to do with it.

MelroseHawkins and Hawkfnntn like this.
  8. InGoodCo

You are right, I am positive Cook was there THIS year. I am not reading into it too much, but with all the leader talk and people thinking he might be All B1G material I found it at least curious.

9. InGoodCo

good call

10. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Cook and Bohannon were both there, they just didn’t do that Particular live interview.

11. InGoodCo

Ohhh... well shit, I missed that.

12. Hawkfnntn

That explains why they didn't talk about Cook... They probably already talked directly to him or whatever. Makes more sense now

InGoodCo likes this.
  13. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

I think TC and JB were on the BTN set with Fran last year. Maybe not. Anyway, these media days are crazy. They're doing a bunch of different interviews for print, online, TV and radio. It's pretty much non-stop.

InGoodCo likes this.
  14. InGoodCo

kinda like the car wash or whatever they call it on ESPN i suppose. I think those 4 are a great group to take to media days.

15. MelroseHawkins

MelroseHawkins Well-Known Member

I like "Joe Wieskamp is a very good defender". His good defense surprised Moss and Baer.

16. tksirius

tksirius HN's Love Doctor

How often do they see defense in their practice sessions, though?

Ree4, CP87 and lightning1 like this.
  17. Hawkfnntn

Well compared to the defense they faced against one another in practices last yr....

lightning1 likes this.
  18. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

That's funny because a HC that's made up his mind about playing uptempo offense with lots of subs, would choose to focus on the area of defense that will have the least effect on his offense. I guess he feels like if we hustle back in our transition defense, that will solve the problem. He's either extremely stubborn or extremely clueless about the problems in our half court defense. And Gutless Gary shackled us to this guy. Pathetic.

tksirius likes this.
  19. Hawkfnntn

Has Izzo been taking any tough questions? He sure did a good job of dodging them all till now anyway.. Wondering if there'll be any 'Meyer like quotes' coming from him at this.

20. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I think the 3 was by far our weakest position. It sounds like Wieskamp is one of the best defenders on the team and he's probably going to be the best slasher we have. We are pretty much turning our worst position into one of our best. That's a huge upgrade.

Ree4 and MelroseHawkins like this.