Frans record vs Nebraska is abysmal

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by IowaHawkeyeFB, Jan 8, 2020.

1. IowaHawkeyeFB

IowaHawkeyeFB Well-Known Member

Given the product Nebraska has put on the floor. Fran hasn't won there in like 5+ years. Tells you all you need to know.

2. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

You're non stop Hawk bashing dipshit threads tells us all we need to know.

HawkeyeWalker and iahawk52 like this.
  3. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

This post would have more impact if you actually gave us Fran's record vs Nebraska. I mean, I know what it is, but I am guessing you don't.

HawkeyeWalker likes this.
  4. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

He's won at Ohio St, Michigan, ISU, Syracuse and at MSU once I think, plus some others I'm leaving out. Just keeping it fair.

1hawkeye1, HawkeyeWalker and iahawk52 like this.
  5. IowaHawkeyeFB

Not hard to do, now if you told me he had a winning record at all those places and sweet 16s under his belt we’d be onto something.

6. InGoodCo

So what's his record against Nebraska?

7. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

OP must have meant games at Nebraska. I can't remember Fran losing to Huskers at CHA though it may have happened.

HawkeyeWalker and InGoodCo like this.
  8. InGoodCo

I just like that he keeps touting a narrative but gives absolutely no substance to associate with it. It took me less then 30 seconds to figure out what Fran's record vs Nebraska is. I've attended every game in Lincoln but 1 since they joined and it's not been kind to us. But that's kind of how it goes on the road for most everyone. It's hard to win on the road. Period. I have went in to every one of those games wanting Iowa to win, but expecting it to be a loss....or if it was a win to be a last second shot fluke kind of deal.

HawkeyeWalker and SteveGarvey1 like this.
  9. Stanzi

Stanzi Well-Known Member

It's not hard to win at tOSU, Michigan, ISU, MSU, etc? Lol okay.

10. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HawkeyeWalker and InGoodCo like this.
  11. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

There have been 3 nastily losses at Nebraska. Last year's was by far the worst. That game gets won by them 1 out of 1000 times with a minute left. The year before was kinda bad. The year Marble was a junior we were up really big early and they came back and won. Ironically I watched that game and the game last night in the same place. I've only watched one other game there and it was one of the auto wins earlier this year. I might never watch a game there again.

12. IowaHawkeyeFB

Let's not forget what? 2012 or 13 at the Devaney Center when Iowa was up 20 at half.

Fran lost at home to Doc Sadler.

13. trj

trj Well-Known Member

Just realized IowaHawkeyeFB is oldhawk12 and whoever he has been before that. Struggles in ISU athletics always gives him a reason to change it up.

InGoodCo and HawkeyeWalker like this.
  14. IowaHawkeyeFB

You really want me to go back and site teams who have won at least once or twice since Fran was head coach at Iowa.

15. thedukeofearl

thedukeofearl Well-Known Member

16. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

17. IowaHawkeyeFB

Fran is 8-6 vs Nebraska, 2-5 @ Nebraska

Some of those Loses have come to awful awful Nebraska teams. Inexcusable really...

18. IowaHawkeyeFB

19. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

The title of the thread states his record against Nebraska is abysmal, which is factually incorrect.

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  20. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Yes the random stat of "Fran against Nebraska" is pretty bad. You can find a random stat against every coach that is bad if you look hard enough.