FSU could have trouble

Discussion in 'Football' started by 1standgoalat1, Nov 21, 2013.

1. 1standgoalat1

1standgoalat1 Banned

Body fluids are hard to explain.

2. DJL

DJL Well-Known Member

Winston is saying it was consensual. This story will get ugly.

3. Hawkfromnorwalk

Hawkfromnorwalk Well-Known Member

Agreed. Body fluids are easy to explain.

4. zhawk21

zhawk21 Well-Known Member

For a crime to be committed there are two elements; mens rea and actus reus. They have proof of the act (actus reus) but they still need to figure out if the act was done with malice (mens rea​). Without more facts or a witness to come forward I believe this case will not go before a judge and jury.

5. 1standgoalat1

1standgoalat1 Banned

mens rea means sonething more like intentional. It's tough to figure this was accidental.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  6. hawkfan33

hawkfan33 Banned

This sounds like a football culture problem. Shut it down!

7. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

let me guess you are in your 1st semester of law school?

8. imported_ankle23

imported_ankle23 Well-Known Member

probably a holiday inn express regular. or law and order fan. but you are probably on to something....

9. thetrza

thetrza Well-Known Member

I don't get it, did something happen at FSU? Is there some kind of player in trouble or what?

10. My mens rea was freaking HOT last night. Just gushing out of my Actus like the Saylorville spillway during the floods of 93.

11. hawkfan1319

hawkfan1319 Well-Known Member

The real question is why is this just coming up now? Just because he was a star recruit was it covered up? Is it now just being brought up by opposing teams paying for a conviction to happen?

12. MeatMan

MeatMan Well-Known Member

definitely a lot of confusion on this. why is this finally coming to light a year later? is the victim retracting her accusations? is there any evidence that it wasn't consensual? i've heard so many things that i don't know what to believe.

13. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

Taken directly from the story...

Tallahassee Police Department detective told her that “Tallahassee was a big football town’’ and “the victim needs to think long and hard before proceeding against him because she will be raked over the coals and her life will be made miserable,’’

Report: DNA links FSU’s Winston to accuser

Everything about this stinks of a cover up by the police department. I recommend reading that story.

14. GesterHawk

GesterHawk Well-Known Member

Or maybe some of Urban's friends down in Florida thought he could use a hand...

15. MeatMan

MeatMan Well-Known Member

yikes. seriously, this kind of **** needs to stop. this ain't the good old boy days. sexual abusers need to have their balls cut off.

16. bigjim

bigjim Well-Known Member

Man it makes me wonder what in the hell is going though the minds of these young men these days

17. Chickenlounge

Chickenlounge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. CWooD4

CWooD4 Well-Known Member

This screams "my generation is better than yours". It's not like rape has only been an issue in today's youth. Cripes.

19. jsmith337

jsmith337 Well-Known Member

I'm in this party, just extremely odd about the timing of this... I'm gonna back to wearing my tin foil hat now.

20. MiniMoeHawk

MiniMoeHawk Well-Known Member

you failed worse than the acts they make fun of on AGT or Americal Idol