Guest picker for Gameday in Ames?

Discussion in 'Football' started by Jonrn, Sep 7, 2019.

1. PantherHawk88

PantherHawk88 Well-Known Member

Dan McCarney

MWS604 likes this.
  2. Scooby

Scooby Well-Known Member

Kevin Costner

3. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

Kutcher enrolled at the University of Iowa in August 1996, where his planned major was biochemical engineering, motivated to the desire to find a cure for his brother's heart ailment.[3] At college, Kutcher was kicked out of his apartment for being too "noisy" and "wild".[10] Kutcher stated, "I thought I knew everything but I didn't have a clue. I was partying, and I woke up many mornings not knowing what I had done the night before. I played way too hard. I am amazed I am not dead."[11] To earn money for his tuition, Kutcher worked as a college summer hire in the cereal department for the General Mills plant in Cedar Rapids and sometimes sold his blood plasma.[12] While at the University of Iowa, he was approached by a model scout at a bar called The Airliner in Iowa City, Iowa,[13] and was recruited to enter the "Fresh Faces of Iowa" modeling competition. After placing first, he dropped out of college and won a trip to New York City to the International Modeling and Talent Association (IMTA) Convention. After his stay in New York City, Kutcher returned to Cedar Rapids, before relocating to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting.[10]

koralakers likes this.
  4. Scooby

Scooby Well-Known Member

5. BrianFerentzForPresident

BrianFerentzForPresident Well-Known Member

This was my guess, but he’s not a clown homer.

6. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

7. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

Don’t even give them that thought

8. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

ISU has literally nobody famous anyone outside of Ames knows. I see clown fans pushing for Niang but I doubt ESPN picks a slightly above average college player and NBA reject.

9. cincyhawk

cincyhawk Well-Known Member

Tom Harkin.

10. BVHawk95

BVHawk95 Well-Known Member

Shit, I'll do it.

MelroseHawkins likes this.
  11. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

I bet it will be Sage Rosenfells. and no one outside Iowa will know who he is.

12. cornfedcowboy

cornfedcowboy Well-Known Member

Tom Arnold?

13. theboat

theboat Well-Known Member

I would love for it to be TD. He would be the first ever picker to answer with true/false.

Ree4 and Jonrn like this.
  14. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

This...is the correct answer. There's nobody...NOBODY...to fill this role.

kicker22 and Niemo like this.
  15. BVHawk95

BVHawk95 Well-Known Member

I keep hearing Dan McCarney.

That'd be perfect having their all-time winningest coach, who was an Iowa player and assistant, and holds more love for his alma mater than the place that fired him.

16. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

I also wouldn't be surprise if it was Dan McCarney

17. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

They're just gonna bring in some sorta country music singer. Not sure anything else makes sense. If they bring in Ashton or Tom Arnold cyclone fans are gonna have a meltdown.

Niang is the dumbest idea ever. He has ZERO recognition outside of Ames.

18. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Funny you said this I was going to ask if there were any country music singers with a tour stop in Des Moines or passing through DM this week that they could have on the set. They've done it quite a few times in years past.

As you said, nothing else makes sense because ISU doesn't have any famous alumni in the entertainment or professional sports worlds. They're can't bring in Kutcher, Arnold, or Zach Johnson. They're Iowa fans.

mopkins likes this.
  19. Niemo

Niemo Well-Known Member

Lafester Rhodes

WheelHawk and Seth53 like this.
  20. Jonrn

Jonrn Well-Known Member

I met McCarney in a grocery store in Sarasota Florida a few months ago. Seemed like a nice guy