Guy on sideline

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Hillcrest1981, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Hillcrest1981

Hillcrest1981 Well-Known Member

I don't start a thread often but someone tell me who this Spike Lee, Jack Nicholson wannabe in the front row across from the Iowa bench is. How do the refs put up with him standing up and protesting on the court? He's gonna get tee'd up some time. Maybe it's nothing but he just bugs the s**t out of me.

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  2. vork22

vork22 Well-Known Member

I noticed this idiot and thought the same thing. Get him out of there.

3. Eda

Eda Well-Known Member

That guy is there for all the games. I enjoy his enthusiasm. He gets into the games, sparks the players, does more than many of the "fans" Inc attendance (whom many of which chose seem to just sit on the their hands), and chews on the refs when they need it. Well done sir!

HobbieHawk, DDThompson and ottoman89 like this.
  4. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Ever since I noticed him, he now drives me nuts. Sure, cheer, be enthusiastic, but jumping onto the floor to protest every single call that goes against Iowa is just stupid and embarrassing.

hawki1971 likes this.
  5. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

Its called Donor. Wanna know why programs are vulnerable to donor abuses?

Seriously how many mere mortals would get away with it?

6. Hillcrest1981

I appreciate enthusiasm as well, but this guy is just screaming, "look at me, look at me!!!"

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  7. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

There has been a past thread about this guy. I recall that he is some rich doctor in the Cedar Rapids area (correct me if I'm wrong) But I guess he donates big $$$ tot he UofI so he gets that nice court side seat every year. He usually wears a yellow Hawkeye hoodie.

8. Mrke1

Mrke1 Well-Known Member

As someone who constantly complains about how dull the crowd is at Iowa game. I welcome him at least doing something.....anything other than just sitting there like the other lifeless corpses.

9. Eda

Eda Well-Known Member

Well I disagree with that; but if that's your problem, then can't you just not look at him? When I see him my on tv at the home games I simply see someone passionately and enthusiastically getting into the game. Someone I'd probably watch a game with... someone like me.

HobbieHawk likes this.
  10. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

He wouldn't stand out so much if most of the other fans in those seats weren't napping...

Eda, HobbieHawk, napleshawk and 7 others like this.
  11. HawkeyeHypnosis

HawkeyeHypnosis Well-Known Member

It makes no sense. Go to a wrestling meet and the crowds get crazy. Basketball games, the crowd reminds me of an award ceremony for 2nd graders.

12. 1hawkeye1

I thought that was some guy behind the Iowa bench.

13. Hillcrest1981

Well, as this discussion always ends..... Put the students in those seats1

slankyJ and hawkdrummer1 like this.
  14. 1hawkeye1

Or me.

MelroseHawkins and NEIChawk like this.
  15. ClintonIAfan

ClintonIAfan Well-Known Member

Yes, he's a local doctor.I heard his name somewhere, but I can't recall it right now. I like having his energy there. During the women's game there is a woman in the stands that is just as vocal. It motivates me to step up the pressure on the officials too, and increases my energy to cheer. Let's get more loud fans!

hagarwood likes this.
  16. 1hawkeye1

Energy and cheering are great. Jumping onto the floor and disputing every call against Iowa is douchey.

17. doughudd

doughudd Well-Known Member

18. atomicblue224

atomicblue224 Well-Known Member

Hey what's wrong with that? How you have time to judge people at the game? I don't judge people evar. It's same thing as judging a deaf man who is guilty of being deaf his whole life! Keep to yourself.

19. HawkGold

HawkGold Well-Known Member

Is this sarcasm? You just judged...

20. judzeehawk

judzeehawk Well-Known Member

I believe Atomic is deaf.

docholihawk likes this.