Hats off to Phil Parker

Discussion in 'Football' started by kameltoez102, Oct 5, 2019.

1. kameltoez102

kameltoez102 Well-Known Member

Had the D prepared today and but most of all thanks for teaching our defense how to tackle. I have been switching through several games this afternoon and I can't believe how many missed tackles I have seen especially by secondary players. At least we don't have to deal with that.

Iceman likes this.
  2. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

YOu are so right and Phil is still without 3-4 starters, my gawd he is doing a great job and coaching them up. DJ Johnson and Koehner playing well.

We could use Reiff getting back to playing

iloveyoularrystation likes this.
  3. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

Hatsoff

4. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

Yep. Good game.

And that means hats off to Michigan’s defense too?

5. SidFarkas

SidFarkas Well-Known Member

Been this way with Iowa football for most of the Ferentz era.

Norm and Phil have carried KF basically his entire tenure.

Wake up Kirk, score some fucking points.

Iceman and koralakers like this.
  6. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

Hats off, they did very well with what Michigan gave them. If you would have told me Michigan would only score 10 points, I would have thought Iowa won this game going away.

But, like I said in another thread, my only caution is Michigan may not have throw the ball down field to avoid Patterson throwing another pick or 2. That may have prevented Michigan from putting more points on the board. Then again, the strategy may have helped prevent an offensively challenged Iowa playing on a shorter field. Michigan seemed content to play extremely conservative for the most part.

Downfield blues will return for this defense and we could see this next week. We better be more prepared at Kinnick for PSU.

7. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

PSU will eat Stanley alive. They had 10 sacks today against Purdue, and have one of the best defensive lines in the nation.

koralakers likes this.
  8. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hi Hawkeye Fans....I just got sacked again! How do you like me now?!

NCHawker likes this.
  9. dahlhawk

dahlhawk Well-Known Member

There should be some sort of asterisk by Kirk's win totals giving 90% credit to Norm and Phil. Today was flat out embarrassing. We're just fortunate that the announcers were cheerleading so hard for Michigan that they didn't criticize Iowa too much.

koralakers likes this.
  10. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

11. hawkeyes87

hawkeyes87 Well-Known Member

That's awesome.

Missed "perfect" only because he didn't mention BF.

iloveyoularrystation likes this.
  12. koralakers

koralakers Well-Known Member

They will be SALIVATING when they watch this tape as they prepare this coming week.

13. Motigerhawk

Motigerhawk Well-Known Member

What sucks is that Parker should be rewarded with the HC job. Man, does he deserve it.