Hawkeyenation podcast

Discussion in 'Football' started by deanvogs, Sep 15, 2019.

1. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

Ouch, even the BTN did a better job of breaking down Iowa's win than Miller and Deace did.

2. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

So what your saying they will be improved. :p

3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I prefer 55-24 scores especially when Ohio State is written on the uniforms. :D

4. Ree4

Ree4 Well-Known Member

Should probably take UNI off the schedule then..

judzeehawk and DDThompson like this.
  5. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

Deace said it best before the season: "It takes at least TWO losses to knock Alabama out of the playoff. And that's assuming there are multiple undefeated teams."

kicker22 likes this.
  6. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

Can’t put out an A game every game. This was one of those games. Too bad it was a rivalry game instead of MTSU.

7. BrianFerentzForPresident

BrianFerentzForPresident Well-Known Member

I’d pay to listen to them if I could just pay for the podcast. I’m not buying a Register subscription just for a podcast.

DDThompson likes this.
  8. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

Mic drop

9. deanvogs

I know everyone is struggling to make money with the internet, but this is gonna ultimately kill them. I’m not gonna pay 5 bucks a month for Hawkcentral. Heck I like Chad and Mark, but I’ll pay for the Athketic and get access to a ton more for less money.

10. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

When the podcast evolves to the sport of wagering more than the sport of football, I will stop listening. I think its on its way there.

Interesting that Dace is trafficking in gambling given his Christian faith. I'm sure he would never sell or produce dongs, bongs or pipes or own a headshop. not everyone gets addicted, but some do.

BlackNGold1982 and Chickenlounge like this.
  11. tailgater371

tailgater371 Well-Known Member

i won't stake my life on it but I believe Deace said in this podcast that this was a defining win for Iowa. I t stood out to me because I'd been reading this thread before listening. Didn't think it was bad. They gave ISU.credit. Big deal.

12. BlackNGold1982

BlackNGold1982 Well-Known Member

All fair points. However, I felt it was beyond credit - it literally turned into the CycloneNation appreciation fest. More gushing over ISU, Jon included, than about Iowa. Deace indirectly downplayed the Iowa actually winning the game angle. The quality of this podcast is dropping and fast. Fortunately, there are several other Iowa options, some better.

13. deanvogs

LOL, one tiny statement crediting Iowa, wow. Nothing wrong with giving ISU credit, just not for 44.5 of the 45 minutes of the podcast.

14. tailgater371

lOL is right. I expected something say more one sided, oh and Michigan love after reading this thread and just didn't hear it. Desde even said Iowa would probably best them now if they don't figure out the offense. I think some are a bit sensitive. Even on their off days it's the most entertaining podcast.

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  15. deanvogs

I love their podcast, I loved their KXNO radio show when it was on. It was just a terrible show. The whole story of the game was how Iowa persevered through all the obstacles to get a win, and we might have gotten 2 min about that. Game Day in Ames, injuries all over the place, 3 hour rain delay at a visiting stadium, opponents score on 2 big plays, everything Iowa had to fight though was ignored.

Just surprised me that they had such great story lines to work with and this is the podcast they gave us? Disappointed is what I am, it was horrible work from 2 who normally do a great job.

16. kicker22

kicker22 Well-Known Member

College football where every game matters...Some of the time.

17. kicker22

kicker22 Well-Known Member

Nothing like the celebration of moral victories.

18. FCAS

FCAS Well-Known Member

I'll throw a little more gasoline on the fire.

Jon's commentary on how ISU handled gameday (and the long-term importance of it) was way overblown. In a few weeks, very few people who are not Iowa/ISU fans will even remember that it was actually in Ames.

19. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

you could say that about any campus really. Nobody gives a flip about gameday location except people somehow connected to the school/state.

20. tailgater371

fair enough. It felt to me like the Hawks escaped. When they had to punt to ISU with over a minute left and them only needing a.field goal i was not feeling good.