Hawkeyes Win Midlands!

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by ClintonIAfan, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ClintonIAfan

ClintonIAfan Well-Known Member

Iowa easily won the team race, scoring 184 points. This included Alex Marinelli defeating the #1 seed for an individual championship. Iowa had a number of other wrestlers finish 1st or 2nd.

2. The Big LeHAWKski

The Big LeHAWKski Well-Known Member

I'm sure Lee is disappointed, but it will be the fuel to his fire for Nationals once again!

3. #1DieHardHawk

#1DieHardHawk Well-Known Member

I watched almost all of Iowa's matches.

My take is that this team is as deep as Brands has had in a long time, BUT, our marque guys look about the same as last year. That can be good and bad, but, I was hoping for some new wrinkles from our top guys with the hope of competing with PSU. Losing Kemerer really hurts us there.

Coming out of the gate last season, Lee seemed to really struggle with conditioning, and, that's still appears to be the case. Opponents know that if you can survive the 1st two periods (not easy to do...), you have a chance. When he's forced to work, he runs out of gas in a hurry. That improved over the course of last season, but, if he wants to be seen as the leader of this team, he needs to show it from day one.

I was very disappointed in Warner. That has more to do with my expectations than anything, but, he didn't look nearly like the dominant wrestler I expected. I just hope that getting dominated doesn't mess with his psyche. The potential is still there.