Holiday Bowl prediction thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Ian Pike Hammer, Dec 16, 2019.

?

Who wins, give the final score

Poll closed Dec 30, 2019.
  1. Iowa

51 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. USC

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Ian Pike Hammer

Ian Pike Hammer Well-Known Member

whats the over/under?

2. Motigerhawk

Motigerhawk Well-Known Member

I love their Freshman QB. Kid has guts and isnt afraid to stand in the pocket and deliver a pass while getting hit. Kid is really good.

3. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

The EA Sports simulation on youtube showed 31-10 USC wins. Iowa's offense ran about 5 or 6 plays each drive, and could not seem to penetrate deeper than the 35. Very familiar and realistic. Except for 2 things 2 missed FG and #15 was not playing running back.

4. NCHawker

its about 50

5. Ian Pike Hammer

Ian Pike Hammer Well-Known Member

So if Hawks win 50-0, okeef4prez will b dead nuts on the money!!!

NCHawker likes this.
  6. NCHawker

I had never heard of David Eickholt

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  7. iloveyoularrystation

iloveyoularrystation Well-Known Member

Hawks 38, USC 17. Their wrs hit 4 big plays. 2 for TDs, 1 hawks defense shuts down and only gives up a fg, and one aj makes mute with a strip sack two plays after. Hawks get up 21-10, USC goes away. 38-17 hawks

8. washtu401

washtu401 Well-Known Member

Hawks 23-14.

9. ModebaSan

ModebaSan Well-Known Member

Hawkeyes with a walk off FG by Duncan 26-23

10. judzeehawk

judzeehawk Well-Known Member

17-14 Hawks

11. NCHawker

Final prediction. Iowa fails to generate more than 2 quarters worth of offense and they fall to USC. D gets gassed and eventually USC gets rolling. Iowa has no answers.

Sorry guys, hope I'm wrong : USC Scores 5 times, iowa scores just twice. Iowa has failed to produce offensively for more than 1/2 a game all year long. I hope i'm wrong, but I have no reason to believe that Brian gets this chugger going.

hawkeyewx and Ian Pike Hammer like this.
  12. SmokeTownHawk

SmokeTownHawk Well-Known Member

32-21 Iowa. Hawks come out blazing in the first and second quarters. Kirkball the second half.

13. judzeehawk

judzeehawk Well-Known Member

Mississipi St. says hello! ;)

NCHawker likes this.
  14. ClintonIAfan

ClintonIAfan Well-Known Member

Iowa 30
    USC 17

15. eyekwah

eyekwah Well-Known Member

The game time temperature is expected to be in the 40's and the area is getting heavy rain on Thursday morning. It appears the field is natural grass from pictures. Playing in the cooler temps is advantageous for Iowa. Wind probably won't be a factor. I really like Iowa's chances, but it is an away game.

16. Lumberman

Lumberman Well-Known Member

It sounds like there may be more Iowa fans there than USC fans, though.

Motivation is a crucial factor in bowl games. All of that seems to be favorable to the Hawks. Coaches remember the 2003 Orange Bowl. Hayden Fry passing. A chance to make their mark against a Blue Blood.

I really hope USC is not taking this game very seriously. Then, we get the ball at the 25 to start the game and the OL is fired up to smack these California kids in the mouth. We fire off the ball, Goodson busts through the line and with one man to beat, he doesn’t try to run out of bounds, but veers right toward that safety and delivers a blow. He gets tackled, but the tone is set. We pound the ball straight at them, which will set up play-action passes all day long. Hopefully Nate is on target to open WR’s downfield and Ragaini and Tracy hold onto the ball.

If we get on top of them early, they may not care enough to put up much of a fight. Hopefully, PP has some nice surprises for that freshman QB.

17. HawkeyeDenis

HawkeyeDenis Well-Known Member

Iowa 24-21

18. chucktownhawk

chucktownhawk Well-Known Member

And a blowing kiss, of course

19. #1DieHardHawk

#1DieHardHawk Well-Known Member

I have no idea what to expect in this game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won, but I would be surprised if we dominated.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we got beat by 30...

20. Cyhawk

Cyhawk Well-Known Member

Iowa wins by 10 but the game is dominated by IA