How will Iowa finish the conference regular season?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by InGoodCo, Feb 4, 2020.

?

How will Iowa finish the conference regular season?

1. 9-0

1.9%
  2. 8-1

3.8%
  3. 7-2

13.5%
  4. 6-3

28.8%
  5. 5-4

23.1%
  6. 4-5

15.4%
  7. 3-6

11.5%
  8. 2-7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 1-8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 0-9

1.9%
  1. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I just picked them to lose 7. That win by them that I was rooting for could easily end up costing iowa a double bye.

2. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Guess I was feeling the Bern and went 3-6.

HaydenHawk56 and HawkGold like this.
  3. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

What’s really nice is no bubble threads, polls, etc. Barring injury we are safely in...almost certainly needing only 2 more wins.

4. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 Well-Known Member

And we have Nebraska at home. 4-5 or 5-4 would be pretty solid seasons. 4-5 only requires winning out at home. 5-4 means one road win too. If we can figure out how to win on the road with some consistency, we're not out of the title race because 14-6 likely gets us there. That would require wins @Purdue, @Indiana, and @Minnesota or less likely @MSU and @ILL. Extremely difficult, but I wouldn't say impossible if we put things together.

5. hawkeyewx

hawkeyewx Well-Known Member

6-3 would be great, but with five tough road games I have to pick 4-5.

6. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

If everyone stays healthy 3 wins seems like the floor and 7 wins the ceiling.

earlkoppelman, PCHawk and InGoodCo like this.
  7. 1977Hawkeye

1977Hawkeye Well-Known Member

I went 5-4. Splitting the roadies @IU and @minny, dropping the other road games. Winning out at home. It may not shake out that way (maybe win tonight and drop IU/Minny instead), but that's my best guess.

And I can live with that. I hope for better, of course.

8. clownkilla

clownkilla Well-Known Member

Will we do another "whiteout"??

9. Xerxes

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Stop being racist.

clownkilla likes this.
  10. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Raise your hand if you would like to see Sparty have a rare February Flameout. Like the one Illinois had when Bruce Weber's days were numbered. Especially when you consider we play up there in a couple weeks.

11. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you saw me or not, but I raised my hand.

Northside Hawk likes this.
  12. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

The thing about winning on the road is we haven't really had much of a chance to prove much either way yet. We lost an early close game to michigan when they were rolling, which doesn't prove anything. We lost two games in a row with on of our best players out with injury. That proves nothing. We beat Northwestern. That proves nothing. Then we lost a hard fought game to a really good Maryland team who is undefeated at home. That doesn't prove anything either.

Earlier in the year with Bohannon, we laid a hurtin on ISU and Syracuse. Our next 3 road games aren't that much tougher than those were. We've played well in neutral games, which is fairly similar to a road game in a lot of ways. I think we are a pretty good road team that just hasn't had much of a chance to prove it yet, mostly because of the injury to CJ. Hopefully I feel the same way in about 4 hours.

13. Northside Hawk

We will begin to find out for sure pretty soon. Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota are road games this iowa team should have a chance in.

14. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Northside Hawk

Signed,

Epstein's mother.

Robowe likes this.
  16. Dadman

Dadman Well-Known Member

5-4, but I would take anything above that...............it will be a tough stretch.

17. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

We have to go 2-1 to be considered good on the road in my mind. You're right tho that this is the perfect stretch to find out.

18. Northside Hawk

Have you had your nightcap yet?

19. Northside Hawk

It was a shit show tonight but if you truly believe we lose out then your brutal reality is fantasy.

InGoodCo likes this.
  20. hawkation

hawkation Well-Known Member

8-1