How will you feel when Clowns are seeded higher than us?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by tweeterhawk, Mar 16, 2019.

1. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

But they do get KC in the Sweet 16. The question is, do you/can you root for Kentucky and North Carolina/Kansas to get there in case ISU gets there? Yuck!!! Go Bruce Pearl!!!

2. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

they've got pretty favorable matchups in the first weekend. Not a bad path to the Sweet 16

3. HawkeyeHypnosis

HawkeyeHypnosis Well-Known Member

What game was I watching then?

4. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

2-7 are also not true. Really haven't had much of an idea where the love for ISU has come from all year, when it compares to Iowa.

5. IAST8SGR8

IAST8SGR8 Well-Known Member

If I were you, I'd be more pissed at the bonus Fran gets for making the NCAA tournament. And the fact that he made the tournament increases his contract one year. Your AD is holding your athletic department back to say the least.

6. hoxrock

hoxrock Well-Known Member

ISU plays better than Iowa every year when it counts most...in March. What is this 4 conference tournament titles now in 10 years for ISU? Iowa has 2 BTT wins TOTAL in 10 years. Stop griping about the tournament seeding. Both programs are where they deserve to be, ISU maybe got the shaft getting a 6 but they got thrown a bone getting put in the Midwest region and possibly playing in KC again if they get that far.

mj4cy likes this.
  7. Hawk4Fan

Hawk4Fan Well-Known Member

Not really...

InGoodCo and Doublewide like this.
  8. Hawk4Fan

what he said is a fact CLOWN!

Doublewide likes this.
  9. theboat

theboat Well-Known Member

By any measurable statistic they did. Only one Iowa has is head to head. It is silly to try to argue that.

10. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

I don’t care about ISU’s seed at all. The team we’re playing lost to the team they’re playing. And they are 0-6 all time against OSU.

11. smitharooney

smitharooney Well-Known Member

I was thinking more like the MAC or Sunbelt

12. Hawk4Fan

they won 1 more game in a MUCH weak conference....that isn't that much better than Iowa not sure what you are smoking!

They finished .500 in a weak conference, Iowa finished .500 in a MUCH stronger conference...

SO they please 3 great games in a row wow, impressive that doesn't mean they had a much better season clown!

13. Hawk4Fan

Yeah ISU clowns would fit much better in those 2 conferences in both football and basketball!

14. hoxrock

hoxrock Well-Known Member

Yeah but they went 5-3 against Texas Tech, Kansas, and Kansas State, the three best teams in the Big 12. Iowa went 1-4 against Michigan State, Michigan, and Purdue and the losses were positively dreadful. Argue conference strength an head to head all you want, but one team did well against the best teams in their conference and the other did not. One team played well and won their conference tournament beating the best teams in their conference, the other blew out a horrible team then got their ass handed to them against a top seed in their conference. Sorry man, ISU has the better resume and had the better season. If Iowa would not have blown chunks down the stretch they'd be in a better position and this wouldn't be a debate.

15. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

You just point out how much better the B1G is here. Michigan, MSU and Purdue are far better combined than Kansas, K-State and Tech. It really isn't close.

ISU lost to 8 NCAA teams, Iowa lost to 8 NCAA teams in the regular season. If anything Iowa "losses" were against better teams than ISU were:

Iowa lost to #2, #2, #2, #3, #5, #5, #6, #10, and a #11 seed. Iowa lost to 2 non NCAA teams
    ISU lost to a #3, #4, #4, #9, #9, #10. ISU lost to 4 non NCAA teams

ISU lost to 7 teams that weren't "as good" as them (IE seeded lower than them). Iowa lost to 3 teams that weren't "as good" as them.

ISU had the better conference tournament, but the regular seasons were pretty even. Both lost 10 games, Iowa won 1 more game, and beat them head to head. The tie breaker is going to go to who has the better NCAA tournament. I mean if either teams gets bounced in the first game, it will be hard to argue their season was better if the other team wins. I'd rather win 1 game in the NCAA than win a conference tournament, as they are the most overrated thing about college basketball. I actually wish they would do away with them, and award auto bids to actual conference champions.

WindsorHawk and InGoodCo like this.
  16. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Iowa State played 10 tourney teams in 18 conference games.

Iowa played 10 tourney teams in 20 conference games.

The big 10 is a better conference than the big 12 this year, but the myth that Iowa played a more difficukt schedule than Iowa State is just that.

17. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

I’m sorry you hate fun. The big 12 tournament is some of the most fun I’ve ever had as a sports fan.

18. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Iowa State had more impressive wins than Iowa. ISU's NET rating and the other ones were better than Iowa's. The eye test would tell me ISU looks better.

I have no problem with ISU being seeded higher than Iowa. I prefer in dealing with truth than emotion.

washtu401 likes this.
  19. peerok

peerok Well-Known Member

LOL at ISU being close to passing us in football. When the clowns played in the Alamo Bowl this past year, they were saying it was the biggest bowl game in school history. That tells you all you need to know about ISU football. Get back to me when they play a football game in January.

Stanzi likes this.
  20. Stanzi

Stanzi Well-Known Member

Iowa State should beat Ohio State easily, but Houston is a terrible matchup for them in the second round.