Howe: Hawkeyes Locate Edge in Upsetting Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by RobHowe, Mar 22, 2019.

1. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

Good grief. I just read the Cincy post game from their players and coach. I am absolutely blown away with the class, candid responses. New found respect. NO sarcasm. Please read it.

2. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

no way

NikeHawk21 likes this.
  3. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Thought you should know

4. Tierney

Tierney Well-Known Member

I think the difference was Joe Wieskamp back must be feeling better. He had a great game for Iowa. I wonder what the Iowa won loss record would of been if he hadn't come to Iowa.

5. RobHowe

RobHowe Administrator

IMO, he's Iowa's best player.

Being a freshman on a veteran team, he makes sense that he deferred to the older guys at different times throughout the season. He didn't yesterday.

It's a much better team when he's aggressive offensively.

hawkdrummer1 and Ree4 like this.
  6. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

Joe has got the "it" factor. All-around player, understands the game, cool as a cucumber, makes plays.

7. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

Agree. And when it comes to broadest skill set Garza is next. Of course Bohannon and Cook are better in their specialty areas. IMO

8. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

Cook also had some big D rebounds in the last 5 minutes.

NikeHawk21 likes this.
  9. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

Yep. And it also made Cincy have to hurry more since they like to get deep into the shot clock. It shortened their time to set up for better shots.

NikeHawk21 likes this.
  10. karras

karras Well-Known Member

I knew this day would come.;)
    It is true he has the most raw talent. And when aggressive does make Iowa better. But as I have obsessed over, J-Bo (for reasons having to do more with legacy and personality than sheer talent) is the most important player this season. That could change next year. Then again, it might not. He has that X-factor that isn't so much developed as it is something you are born with.
    Next year's squad will have Joe T - Joe W - Joe Bo - Joe Garza - Joe "Kahhhhhhhhn" McCaffrey - Joe Moss - Joe "mic" Baer - Joe Kreiner - Joe Cook and Jordell Pemsell. Of course I may have erred in some parts of this post, but next year's team will be better and expectations adjusted accordingly.

PawkHawk1 likes this.