IHas there been an Iowa player with more

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by hawkinarkansas, Feb 22, 2019.

1. hawkinarkansas

hawkinarkansas Well-Known Member

clutch than JBo? Wow, the dude is just flat out incredible.

PCHawk and tksirius like this.
  2. theboat

theboat Well-Known Member

In the last 5 games he has averaged 2.4 first half points and 15.4 2nd half points. It is nuts.

PawkHawk1 likes this.
  3. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

Woolridge and Recker come to mind, but JBO has surpassed them.

4. eveningnewsteam

eveningnewsteam Well-Known Member

5. The Big LeHAWKski

The Big LeHAWKski Well-Known Member

J-Bo is now LEGEND!

6. theboat

43 points in final 5 minutes of last 5 games.

7. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

Yeah so get him going from the opening whistle. This aint rocket science, get him some set plays and even if he is at pt guard work it back to him in the first half. As he gets hot the opponent will be shading him and that opens up others.

Cmon Fran

8. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Vince Brookins in the 1980 NCAA's, before the three point line, comes to mind.

But I think Bohannon is even surpassing that.

9. PawkHawk1

PawkHawk1 Well-Known Member

Wow.
    What the hell?

10. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

Been saying since day 1 he’s going to be one of the best Hawkeyes to ever play. He sucks at defense but he’s not at Iowa for his defense. STFU about it.

11. MWS604

MWS604 Well-Known Member

I have been critical of aspects of JBO's game, but he has been sensational the last few weeks. He has contributed a ton more than I expected this year. In my opinion, he is the team's most valuable player. In terms winning or putting us in a position to win games nobody else has played a bigger role.

12. theboat

If he could just do that for a game we get 68 points/ game outta him. Is that too much to ask?

13. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

Welcome home, stormin' ...

InGoodCo likes this.
  14. InGoodCo

InGoodCo Well-Known Member

In my world he never left. Ie Twitter. I love HN but a lot of takes that get ignored on here would get eaten alive on twitter by masses.

Robowe likes this.
  15. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

I LoL'd.

InGoodCo likes this.
  16. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

That's why he's at Iowa. If he could play defense he would have ended up at Wisconsin. Bo Ryan did not recruit guards who don't play good defense.

17. Stanzi

Stanzi Well-Known Member

Indiana was all over Bohannon most of the game. He didn't have many chances to get off shots in the first half. It was clear that Indiana was trying to take him out of the game (and succeeded for 35 minutes).

18. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I know that conventional wisdom says that these shots Bohannon is taking late in games isn't "good shots", but are they? Is it the right decision for him to not be taking 5 of these throw up 3s per game in the first 35 minutes? I know Fryowa thinks he shouldn't do it. But I think maybe he should.