Iowa and the West

Discussion in 'Football' started by HawkeyeDenis, Oct 12, 2019.

1. HawkeyeDenis

HawkeyeDenis Well-Known Member

After watching the butt whooping of Michigan and now Michigan State It's almost a foregone conclusion that Wisconsin will win the West. Their only possible loss will be to Ohio State.

2. Motigerhawk

Motigerhawk Well-Known Member

I think they hang with Ohio St. Beat them, maybe. But with Taylor, they can keep the Ohio St. offense off the field.

I dread that Wiscy game. Then again, KF always wins one he shouldnt.

3. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

The only way we win in Madison is if Taylor coughs it up a couple times and Coan throws a couple picks.

4. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

No team is unbeatable in a game played in the elements with an oblong ball that takes wacky bounces. But right now I would say Wisky has 85% chance of beating Iowa this year. The hawks have a tough defense and a good kicking game which can take you a long way. (I just wish we would have tried a few more FGs last week).

Iowa's whole season depends on their offense and injuries but we sort of knew that in August.

5. NEIChawk

NEIChawk Well-Known Member

We just need to quit being in panic mode every time we face a team on the road. I dont give a shit who it is. Execute your plan and for Christ's sake Brian adjust. Is it that fucking hard? Let's go......

eveningnewsteam and NCHawker like this.
  6. DDThompson

DDThompson Well-Known Member

I’m not scaired

7. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Wisconsin is outscoring the opposition 255-29. Teams are trying to execute their game plans but they get heat on the QB, there is nowhere to go with the ball, and those d-backs bring the wood. And you may get twenty minutes of game time to execute what your trying to accomplish because nobody can get them off the field.

This isn't the 2018 version of Wisconsin that we gifted a win. They are rocking people's worlds. Obviously no one is unbeatable but they are playing like a CFP team now. Of course they were 9-0 and top 5 in 2004 when they first lost to MSU than us in back to back weeks so there is plenty of football yet to be played. We need to play them like jNW did a couple weeks ago and hope a couple of those bounces you mention go our way.

8. trj

trj Well-Known Member

I do not think Iowa can do enough on offense to beat Wisconsin. It really does feel like it will take a “where has this been” OSU 2017 type effort to win the game.

tweeterhawk likes this.
  9. iloveyoularrystation

iloveyoularrystation Well-Known Member

lets worry about tonights game, then we can figure out some screwball way to beat wiscy at wiscy. having said that, the wiscy win vs msu is probably the most impressive win any team in any conference has had this year.

MikeyLikesIowa and HawkPrdatr40 like this.
  10. oldhawk12

oldhawk12 Well-Known Member

Iowa doesn’t score against any team worth a damn. This is why they never play anybody in the non conference because ferentz x 2 understands this and understands survival. And Barta protects them. His offenses blow. Completely overmatched schematically and personnel wise. If Iowa didn’t have coaches named parker on defense all these years, I’m not sure what success they’d have at all. Only thing saving ferentz is an awful west, traditionally great defense and barta dialing up the powder puff homecoming week scheduling. And who can forget the lapdog instate media and low expectation syndrome fanbase?

hawkeye23 likes this.
  11. BVHawk95

BVHawk95 Well-Known Member

Why do you enjoy being a miserable shit?

After all, you're never on here after wins, so I can only assume you're off skulking until you can whine like a child again.

12. HawkeyeDenis

I am always on here. You see a path where Iowa wins the West? Wisconsin loses maybe one game. Iowa loses two. Even if Iowa won today, which doesn't look good, they would have to beat Wisconsin. Wisconsin is a solid top ten team. Iowa is barely top 25.

Iowa is the team most of us predicted in August. 7-5 maybe 8-4. Right now I see them as 9-3. Good year. But still second in the West

13. HawkeyeDenis

Having watched both teams all year. Iowa has at least a 85% chance of losing to Wisconsin. Iowa has no offense. Good Defense.

14. theboat

theboat Well-Known Member

FIFY

tksirius and HawkeyeWalker like this.
  15. HawkeyeDenis

Having watched both teams all year. Iowa has at least a 85% chance of losing to Wisconsin. Iowa has no offense. Good Defense.

16. BVHawk95

BVHawk95 Well-Known Member

I have no qualm with you, and agree with everything you've just said. I was replying specifically to him

17. HawksMN

HawksMN Well-Known Member

How did Wisky beat MSU that bad when Taylor didn't do much?

18. spliff45

spliff45 Well-Known Member

I have seen nothing to indicate Iowa belongs on the same field as Wisconsin

tksirius, Caddy and tweeterhawk like this.
  19. HawkeyeDenis

[
    Sadly I agree

tweeterhawk likes this.
  20. ArvadaHawk

ArvadaHawk Well-Known Member

didn't see any of the game, but i know their qb threw a couple td's. so, you know, he stepped up and made plays.