Iowa at Minnesota Will Be on Friday Night Next Season

Discussion in 'Football' started by RobHowe, Dec 20, 2019.

1. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

see Rutgers

2. westender

westender Well-Known Member

People probably would have said the same about 1970s and 1980s Northwestern though too. They were a gimmee speed bump back then. I did find it a bit funny Delany stated something to the effect let's see how this looks 50 years from now. We will all be dead or machines by then.

Ian Pike Hammer likes this.
  3. westender

I remember freezing the balls watching us get beat in 2010 up there. 2014 was the giant debacle. I am not sure we know yet WTF happened there in that one.

4. westender

I might do so, yes. Gotta admit Sept up there is much better than November up there.

5. westender

Watching the Hawks is always educational. And it could be a "Kid's don't be a Gopher" type lesson.

6. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

Uh...you're missing one pretty important fact. Northwestern was a founding member of the Big Ten.

The analogy is dead on arrival.

7. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

Do we know this will be a night game? I thought I read somewhere that game time is TBD?

8. HawksMN

HawksMN Well-Known Member

Gophers lame attempt to throw the Hawks off and actually get a win in the series.

9. Bordone

Bordone Well-Known Member

Well I mean if you all have a huge issue with a game on Friday just don't watch it. Honestly the only way this is going to change is if people don't tune into it.

10. Ian Pike Hammer

Ian Pike Hammer Well-Known Member

Are the players [on both teams] more likely to get injured on a short week?

11. hawkinn3

hawkinn3 Well-Known Member

Very possible we get two gut punch losses in 6 days.

12. AIRHAWK

AIRHAWK Well-Known Member

You didn't just type that did you? Do you think they are going to kick off at 11? 2:30? C'mon. On a Friday? Palm to the forehead

uihawk82 likes this.
  13. AIRHAWK

I dont know for sure but I doubt the BIG asks the teams. If they did I would think the visiting team would say no thanks.

14. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Well-Known Member

Have trouble reading? Not me. I saw the TBD in the announcement of the game change. I do not recall saying a specific time. So called “night games” have been played at 4:30, 5:00, 7:00, 7:30, and 8:00. Have you pinned this one down?

15. AIRHAWK

I got $500 says it is a "Night Game", 6pm or later. Not going to be 4:30. They would prefer that some fans will actually come to the game. The TBD does not mean noon.

16. peerok

peerok Well-Known Member

How does a friday night game help with recruiting when the kids you are trying to recruit and their parents aren't watching because they have a high school game?

17. HawkeyeDenis

HawkeyeDenis Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Thursday games, not a fan of Friday games. It's all about money.

18. Chickenlounge

Chickenlounge Well-Known Member

It actually makes perfect sense. If you've ever spent any time in Minnesota, you know Sundays are for Vikings, but only slightly lower than that rule, is that Saturday's are for fishing. That really only leaves Friday as an option.

19. westender

This whole board is nothing but speculation and looking backward. Northwestern was Rutgers. They were the one guaranteed game I got to go to as a kid because it was a boring gimmee game.

in 15 years you don't think Rutgers can be a huge deal better than now?? They just got Schiano. They will eventually get their full share of Big Ten money.

20. westender

One bleeping game one time every 5 years or so. That ain't gonna kill recruiting. Kids nowadays find ways to watch shit online and other means.