Iowa band had issues at the game on Sat...

Discussion in 'Football' started by Scott Leclair, Sep 16, 2019.

1. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

Nice post. I hope your son gets to play in the band.

You know, the band works really hard yet the higher ups have taken away some of their playing time during game days. Not sure if it is still the case but you used to be able to watch the Band's warmup before the game and listen to all they would play, their march to and from the stadium shows all their energy, and I love their hard drum rolls during games but they are getting less time to do this as the PA blares strange sounds to make crowd noise when the hawk defense has a big play upcoming.

It is so lamely easy to put some music on a PA compared to all the practice, choreography, and work the Band puts in to making very solid music.

Maybe FryIowa wants to get rid of cheerleaders also.

ssckelley and Caven like this.
  2. haydensly

haydensly Well-Known Member

One of my fondest memories of going to the games as a student was watching the band come down the steps of what was the South end zone right off of the street and onto the field. My friend Hawkdrummer leading the way with his tri-toms. It was really cool.
    There is a lot of tradition with the marching band and I would hate to see that go away.

Knight78, judzeehawk and Caven like this.
  3. homes

homes Well-Known Member

It will be more like 1,825 days.

4. THawk122

THawk122 Well-Known Member

Unless the bands are making fun of farmers theyre ok in my book

5. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

...I laughed.

6. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Every fan base has classless morons like this. Every fan base. What should we expect too when there were these long delays and so many people are liquored up?

THawk122 likes this.
  7. hawkeyes87

hawkeyes87 Well-Known Member

Blasphemer ! ! ! ! !

uihawk82 likes this.
  8. EstronHawkKing

EstronHawkKing Well-Known Member

Remember, it was just a few years ago when some isu fans yelled racial slurs at a Kansas basketball player.

9. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

Just the female cheerleaders. He digs the male cheerleaders, if ya know what I'm sayin'...

10. chucktownhawk

chucktownhawk Well-Known Member

scott50322a (sshole)

502-American-Pie-quotes.gif

11. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

I don't know how you can be a Cyclone fan. Your takes are so... reasonable. JK ;)

12. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

I know...talk about not "getting" college football.

13. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

Not all bad band news from the game ...

14. Seth53

Seth53 Well-Known Member

Don't laugh about getting rid of a band. HF lead the charge in getting rid of these guys after his first season.

[​IMG]

chucktownhawk likes this.
  15. Hawk90

Hawk90 Well-Known Member

I'll take the Iowa band over the constant bombardment of shitty commercials brought to you by the hacks in the Iowa marketing department. My beef with the band was that they hung their hat on constantly playing Hey Jude from 60 years ago and their attempts at being cool included songs from forty years ago from Pedophile Jackson. That band director has since retired. As long as they don't play Sweet Caroline, (Which I will forever associate with the Cyclown band) they can stay. I have spoken, let it be so, otherwise, yes please throw beer on them.

16. cincyhawk

cincyhawk Well-Known Member

Aaaand here comes the banhammer.

Seriously, this is a football game. Nobody should have to worry about threatened sexual assault, racial slurs, or assault with a deadly weapon at a freaking game. That's Alabama/Auburn level crap and has 0 place in this state. We're better than that. Or at least we should be. Let's not play each other if we can't be civilized when we do.

judzeehawk and Hawk4Fan like this.
  17. chucktownhawk

chucktownhawk Well-Known Member

3ast7s.jpg

18. cincyhawk

cincyhawk Well-Known Member

So you were involved, or at least close enough to see the incidents in question.

You were a clown before. Now you're just a shitty human being.

19. Ree4

Ree4 Well-Known Member

I love the THX sound effect when we get to 3rd down, that shit came out when I was a kid and I always thought it was the coolest sound.

uihawk82 likes this.
  20. cohawkeye

cohawkeye Well-Known Member

My feelings wouldnt be hurt if they got rid of the Stanford band.

ssckelley and judzeehawk like this.