Iowa Basketball Recruits

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by tksirius, Dec 1, 2017.

1. deanvogs

deanvogs Well-Known Member

I have never said he is lazy, and your analogy is kinda dumb. Coaches are out at AAU events WATCHING players. If you can't catch a coaches interest with your game, then that is on you and your game.

I do agree with you, I think many cross him off their list because of his height.

2. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

You just described recruiting. Of course more assistants have seen him - there are 3 of them to every 1 head coach. And many, many head coaches see a player because their assistant referred them. However, the fact is, we now know that a Sun Belt team 1000 miles away with a Sun Belt budget has been able to find and offer him. I find it incredibly difficult to believe that he has not been seen at least by coaches in local leagues.

lightning1 likes this.
  3. deanvogs

Locure has been seen by tons and tons of coaches and program. He was a starter as a Fr. Heck the starting PG at Norwalk is a So. and he is being recruited. These kids don't go unseen. They might not get recruited, but they have been seen by hundreds of coaches if they are on the AAU circuit.

4. tksirius

tksirius Well-Known Prostitute

You keep pretending like you know what you're talking about.

5. deanvogs

Says the guy who agreed that not more than 30 coaches had heard of Locure.

6. tksirius

Were those coaches at the event in Minnesota?

[​IMG]

7. deanvogs

FIFY

lightning1 likes this.
  8. tksirius

Why do you insist on making up shit?

9. tksirius

Oh I see what happened. You confused yourself, because you said over 30 coaches watched Locure at an AAU event that coaches weren't even allowed to attend. LMFAO

[​IMG]

10. deanvogs

LOL, this wouldn't be the first bet I have lost.

11. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Yes I stipulated that I believed that the majority of schools that recruit often from the Iowa footprint should and most likely are aware of TL.

From my understanding the Southern Alabama interest is a new development. This appears to be something that has matriculated during the AAU season. I believe this information actually goes to support my position. My original point to this argument was that I personally did not believe that schools like Southern Alabama had heard of TL before this AAU season and that the more recognition that he got the more opportunities would be provided. The Southern Alabama offer just might be proof to my opinion or it might not.

FWIW I do now believe that quite a few more programs are now aware of TL and doing some homework on him. I believe that this is because of a strong Junior season and being a leader on his AAU squad. I still deep down do not believe that schools like Southern Alabama or hundreds of other mid majors new much of anything about Locure until this spring and summer. I have long predicted that I thought his interest would pick up and his offer list would grow over the summer. Maybe the kid is not a lock to be a B1G caliber player, but I believe he is a lock to be mid major talent with P6 potential. If one other P6 coach decides the same thing over the next 6 months you could see more P6 schools come forward as they have moved on from other prospects.

12. tksirius

This shows the rosters. I haven't seen a lot of video yet. He goes up against Brady Ellingson Sunday.

13. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

So what about this Bowen Born kid, a 2020 pg recruit from Norwalk? Read he's 5'11", seems to have potential, can stroke the 3. UNI has offered already and Speraw has been in contact with him.

14. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Born is the son of a former ISU player Mike Born... not being recruited by ISU. Don't think he's a high major player.

15. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

He previously played for mokan elite, which is a much bigger AAU program than he's playing for now that is actually part of the Nike circuit. Again... he's been seen by a lot of coaches. It's not 351. But it's way more than 30.

16. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

OK thanks. In other words, he's another Locure-level player evidently.

17. lightning1

lightning1 Well-Known Member

I've seen 30 D-1 coaches watching 1 Mokan Elite game at the Hardwood Classic.

BryceC likes this.
  18. tksirius

He was mostly just draining threes. He did have 4 steals though.

ArvadaHawk likes this.
  19. ArvadaHawk

ArvadaHawk Well-Known Member

ty, tk. much appreciated. it did lack intensity. looked like YBA. he clearly has talent. doesn't look like he's showcasing it properly. need to see intensity.

20. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member