Iowa Day on ESPNU

Discussion in 'Football' started by HawkeyeHypnosis, Apr 16, 2019.

1. HawkeyeHypnosis

HawkeyeHypnosis Well-Known Member

Basketball vs Wisky 2017 is on now, then wrestling then Iowa vs Penn StAte football from 1996. 7:00pm Iowa vs Michigan state basketball from 1993 then Capital One Bowl at 9

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. HawkeyeHypnosis

HawkeyeHypnosis Well-Known Member

this is fun to watch. DeVries killin em out there

3. The Big LeHAWKski

The Big LeHAWKski Well-Known Member

I JUST LOVE watching Hayden and Tavian Banks and T Dwight (Superman wore #6)
    But
    Seeing scumbag-rapist Sandusky and Joe Pa on the sidelines makes me sick.
    God bless their victims

4. HawkeyeWalker

HawkeyeWalker Well-Known Member

Iowa LSU 2005 Capital One on now.

Tate and Eddie Hinkel killing it!

5. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

did they show 1997 Iowa MSU ?

homes likes this.
  6. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that this was set up by a fan who won an auction. Just had to pick games that were owned by ESPN.

7. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

I wonder if ESPN had any reservations about using that game because of that. Obviously not enough to not play it but yeah pretty tough to not have those same thoughts seeing that...

8. Hawkfnntn

Hawkfnntn Well-Known Member

This is the type of programming youd think ESPNU would have more often...

9. homes

homes Well-Known Member

LOL. I think you mean 2007, but yes, every time it comes on I ask myself, what is it about this game I'm missing?

NCHawker likes this.
  10. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I had forgotten how bad Saban's clock management was that game. Spiking the ball on 1st and goal with just under a minute left cost them the game. No way we have enough time to score if they took more time off the clock before they scored.

11. 99topdawg

99topdawg Well-Known Member

Dammit! I DVR'ed it and you spoiled the ending! Welp, at least we won...

Adam likes this.
  12. Robowe

Robowe Well-Known Member

Wade was watching ...

13. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Consider yourself lucky. When the clock was running out I threw my remote into the TV and kicked my dog....that I dont even have.

99topdawg likes this.
  14. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

yes. thanks

15. teachercoach

teachercoach Well-Known Member

Hard to believe the IA-MSU game after the loss of Chris Street is over 25yrs old.

Found it interesting how the game was played then compared to now. 3pt line was closer (9"?) and there was so much more 1-on-1, driving into the lane and showing off 'drive way' moves (especially K Smith!). Different watching guys not hoisting up 3ptrs when slightly or wide open on both teams.

The emotion in the last 2 minutes was just raw.... can't imagine being in the shoes of those players and coaches. Then next game they play home against the Fab 5 - wish they had shown that game right after.

16. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Quit kicking my dog you bass turd!! Do fish fart??? :p

17. The Big LeHAWKski

The Big LeHAWKski Well-Known Member

Despite all of Alabama's success the past decade or so, I'm more and more convinced every year that Saban is no where near the best coach in the country.
    He is one of the best recruiters/salesmen in the country and as a result the odds are very high he'll have his teams in playoff discussions year after year.