Iowa looking at Grad Transfer

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by NikeHawk21, Mar 27, 2019.

1. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 Well-Known Member

Maishe is gone. Playing time secured. I guess where there's smoke, there's fire.

2. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Muscatine is more like the end of the world. It's basically an extension of the west Davenport riverfront.

3. koralakers

koralakers Well-Known Member

Would be a great addition! Plus we don’t ultimately know if CM sticks to baseball (brighter future there), and if Moss and/or Cook leave, could be a ton of minutes too be had

4. smhawk

smhawk Well-Known Member

Dailey thing was possibly happening either way. Have to remember their is a red shirt guard that has reportedly shooting really well at practice.

This transfer would be pretty awesome. But they'll be some competition from programs that play dirty when it comes to NCAA rules.

5. hawkdrummer1

hawkdrummer1 Well-Known Member

Great melons

6. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

If he's leaving Akron the priority probably isn't necessarily playing time, it's too win.

thedukeofearl and 1hawkeye1 like this.
  7. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

I lived there awhile. Has nice melons but also has a certain smell emanating from a factory there.

thedukeofearl likes this.
  8. hawkation

hawkation Well-Known Member

Melon factory?

9. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 Well-Known Member

It's likely a combination of factors, but I'd say it's a desire to complete and to win at a higher level. With an immediate opening, Iowa is probably a decently attractive option in terms of playing time and ability to complete and win at that higher level. But he likely wouldn't be a starter if Moss comes back which definitely hurts our chances.

10. atomicblue224

atomicblue224 Well-Known Member

Gee, what you waiting for? Let's get our swagga back![​IMG]

11. hoxrock

hoxrock Well-Known Member

Cook, Dailey, and Baer are gone. I'd say there are some minutes to be had.

12. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

But now ya got Nunge, Pemsl, McCaffery, and Toussaint to get minutes for. So 3 guys out and 4 guys coming in means not many minutes.

13. Northside Hawk

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

And CJ Frederick

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  14. thedukeofearl

thedukeofearl Well-Known Member

Could there be a similar smell wafting around the Marshalltown area

15. hoxrock

hoxrock Well-Known Member

You are assuming alot. Pemsl sat out most of last year with the knee issue and will have to work his way back into the swing of things, Nunge red-shirted so he hasn't played in 2 years but showed some promise the season before last, McCaffery has proven to be nice role player but might be a better baseball player, and Touissant and Frederick have alot of promise but have proven nothing at this level yet. There's no guarantee all of those guys will get alot of minutes. A transfer with alot of D-1 experience and proven ability could give those guys competition and provide a little more reliable production.

16. Knight78

Knight78 Well-Known Member

That "smell" was GPC. And they have changed from coal to natural gas. They also have installed scrubbers. The smell does not exist now.

17. SteveGarvey1

SteveGarvey1 Well-Known Member

Good to know. Must help with climate change I suppose. A little more green towards the Green New Deal, tally-ho.

18. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

I disagree with you completely. But the point is moot. He ain't coming here.

19. Tierney

Tierney Well-Known Member

Iowa has a lot of talent coming in next year.

20. ohhawk

ohhawk Well-Known Member