Iowa Shocks Evanston Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Hawk10k, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Hawk10k

Hawk10k Well-Known Member

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by posting this but I couldn't wait any longer so here goes. Obviously injury-related depth is the theme of the week. This has been said by smarter people than I have already but if we keep turnovers and penalties to an absolute minimum and generally play well-executed, fundamentally-sound football then the game is entirely winnable. Kirk and the Hawks have proved themselves capable of winning close ones and until they stop doing so I'll assume they'll figure this one out also. The game will be decided by a field goal or less. 19-17 Hawks.

2. okieviaiowa

okieviaiowa Banned

agree low scoring ...

their qb doesn't scare me and I look for Kirk to try and run JC 30 times

Iowa 21
    NW 13

3. Hawke

Hawke Well-Known Member

The Hawks won't be able to overcome the injuries, just ask a Cards fan. Too bad nobody told fOSU that before they tore thru the field in last years playoff with a third string qb.

4. hawkinn3

hawkinn3 Well-Known Member

The cats have a good defense but they are better against the pass then the run. I think a run heavy offense is their weakness. The rely on eventually forcing you to pass and get you there. The Hawks will run every down if it works and may have to if CJ is too hurt.

Iowa - 27
    cats - 9

5. HaydenHawk56

HaydenHawk56 Well-Known Member

23-21 Iowa.

6. NCHawker

NCHawker Well-Known Member

Michigan did it right. Grt up early and make them play catch up

7. HawkeyeWalker

HawkeyeWalker Well-Known Member

have to get points on the board early and play sound defense. Don't give up the big play and limit Jackson.

If we can get up early I'd feel a lot better. A 1 point win would be fine, although not good for my health.

8. marjack

marjack Well-Known Member

Michigan got good points off special teams and I think special teams will win or loose this game for the Hawks. King is a beast that gives us an edge to get a kick return or pick 6. Kidd is crushing it. Really think this game is about special teams.

9. guffus

guffus Well-Known Member

NW has a good defense that shut out Minny just 2 weeks ago. Iowa's offense will struggle. Iowa will need a defensive or special score to make the difference, but none will come that day. Iowa will lose its first game of the year, but will rebound and finish 11-1

NW 17
    Iowa 13

10. mysteron

mysteron Guest

Iowa wins 20-19. And there will be at least 3 threads complaining about the officiating before the game clock reaches 00:00

11. BlindDogScooter

BlindDogScooter Well-Known Member

Iowa 21
    Northwestern 7

12. HawkeyeDenis

HawkeyeDenis Well-Known Member

Minny has a bad offense so that's one reason they got shut out. But NW does have a decent defense and Iowa is beat up. Iowa 11-9

13. ClintonIAfan

ClintonIAfan Well-Known Member

Iowa 16
    Mildcats 9

14. ColoradoHAWKEYE

ColoradoHAWKEYE Well-Known Member

The over/under is 40, so I'll go 24-16 Hawks.

15. Szykowny22

Szykowny22 Member

more Kirk 2.0
    17-16 Iowa

16. bucksnducks

bucksnducks Well-Known Member

NW offense and defense is better than it showed against Mich. This is going to be a tough one - I don't see CJ having time to throw, and NW will blitz continuisly and will shut down the run game as well. THis could be ugly - NW 28 Iowa 14

17. HomerChampless

HomerChampless Well-Known Member

Din't Kirk 2.0 happen a few year back? Is your id the county where you live or your name? Or your age? Really, you're the 22nd Szykowny?

18. ImInTheSouth

ImInTheSouth Well-Known Member

Agree, for Iowa to win, we need every possession to end with a kick.

Hopefully, this game will be a 'Ferentz special' focusing on field position and valuing possession of the football.

19. DrKnipe

DrKnipe Well-Known Member

I see Michigan got "good" points of special teams. These are better than "not good points"

20. docholihawk

docholihawk Well-Known Member

Iowa holds on to win 21-20.