Iowa White Out vs Orange Crush Game Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by HaydenHawk56, Feb 2, 2020.

1. thedukeofearl

thedukeofearl Well-Known Member

Connor just holds onto the ball in End of Game situations

Waiting to be fouled

So he can march to the free-throw line

Solid strategy

Has worked every game

Foul should have been called

Settle the situation right now

2. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Beggars can't be choosers at the end of the game clock tho. I see both sides.

InGoodCo likes this.
  3. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

We just best the 1st place team to get us one game back with 9 to go. The fact that it was Illinois for some reason made this game seems less big before it started (which it shouldn't have) but man it feels big now.

Ree4 likes this.
  4. hawkeyebob62

hawkeyebob62 Well-Known Member

It's a British Isles name and has been pronounced that way forever. Cockburn's is an English-based distiller/distributor of Port wines. Bruce Cockburn is a singer/songwriter. Both pronounce it the same way.

5. HawkeyeWalker

HawkeyeWalker Well-Known Member

Need more from Kreiner, a lot more from Evelyn to really make a run to finish the conf out strong.

Toussant is going to get better and better.

And Pemsl, oh Pemsl....just gotta get 2-3 non turnover minutes per half to rest Garza and or JW.

Absolutely cannot have large stretches of Pemsl and Evelyn in at the same time, put way too much pressure on others to have any scoring.

6. Seth53

Seth53 Well-Known Member

7. hawkation

hawkation Well-Known Member

Evelyn wasn't open by the time he caught the pass. Wieskamp was open earlier in the play coming around a screen but Connor was looking the other direction. Evelyn shouldn't be in the game if he's not willing to shoot at the end of the shot clock. I think he is but Illinois had swarming defense on that particular play.

InGoodCo likes this.
  8. Seth53

Seth53 Well-Known Member

Good assessment.

*Any* points from Pemsl is a big bonus. Same with Evelyn. Imagine if we didn't have Evelyn....yikes.

Toussant isn't going to be a big-scorer this year, but he doesn't need to be. His driving opens everything up.
    I wonder how the Toussant/JBo is going to work next year.

Pffft....the NCAA will be nothing as compared to the B1G pressure-cooker this year. If we get a 'good' NCAA draw, we should win at least a couple of games.

iloveyoularrystation likes this.
  9. sioux34

sioux34 Well-Known Member

I am to the point that I would play Till over Pemsl. Till brought some nice energy when Kreiner and Garza were in foul trouble against Maryland.

tksirius likes this.
  10. iloveyoularrystation

iloveyoularrystation Well-Known Member

need evelyn and kriener to hit some open shots going forward. touissant as well. if they are going to give you open looks and not guard you, you have to step up and hit something so they can't just soak down on the lane.

HawkeyeWalker and hawkeyebob62 like this.
  11. Ree4

Ree4 Well-Known Member

Get out of here with that realism crap and let us enjoy our jouvenilism

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  12. hawkeyebob62

If you were good at it, maybe...good juvies learn from the best. :)

@tksirius a little help for my friend, please...

tksirius likes this.
  13. HawksMN

HawksMN Well-Known Member

People just say 'coburn' because they don't want to say the real pronunciation.

tksirius likes this.
  14. tksirius

tksirius HN's Love Doctor

I read an article once that it originally was pronounced with a cock, but was changed along the way. I suppose he's allowed to change his cock if he so chooses. Actually, if I recall correctly, the name relates to scratches from a rooster.

15. hawkeyebob62

@Ree4 THIS is how it's done!

tksirius likes this.
  16. Ree4

Ree4 Well-Known Member

How would you know if I'm good or not, I never posted anything about it at all, just enjoyed what others did. Looks like you made a judgement post that referred to nothing... nice play.

[​IMG]

17. hawkeyebob62

JFC, I get the best in juvenile behavior on all of HN to show you how it's done...and you dump on it!

18. Ree4

Ree4 Well-Known Member

Pshh I don't need lessons man, been doin it for 25 years. I was in on the ground floor when internet trolling first started too! Still remember smacking some noobs around in IRC

hawkeyebob62 and tksirius like this.