Iowa's B1G BBall 19/20 Schedule

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by eyekwah, Nov 8, 2019 at 6:42 AM.

1. eyekwah

eyekwah Well-Known Member

Comparing Iowa's projection as the 8th place team against it schedule of B1G opponents shows the following:
    • There are 9 games with opponents ranked 9th or lower.
    • There are 5 games versus teams 5th thru 7th
    • And there 6 games versus teams 1st thru 4th.
    The composite average of Iowa' B1G opponents is 7.45. It looks like this team is probably a 11 and 9 record team. I kinda think it might approach 13 and 7 since I do not see a big difference between teams 5 through 7.

Since the 2011/2012 season Iowa has only finished with a losing conference record twice. The best season was 14/15 with a third place finish with 2 other teams. The worst season was 17/18, 13th place. There were 2 5th place finishes, 3 6th place finishes, and 1 7th place finish during the aforementioned time period.

Generally Iowa does better than expected based on past predictions. I hope this is again true.

2. koralakers

koralakers Well-Known Member

11-9 would be amazing, given the 20-game schedule and how much we lost in off-season

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  3. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

I would rigid with glee should Iowa even be .500 in conference this season.

4. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I don't believe that for a second.

InGoodCo and 1hawkeye1 like this.
  5. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Pretty sure we finished in a tie for 3rd two years in a row. Both times getting a 5 seed in the Big 10 tournament.

6. 1hawkeye1

1hawkeye1 Well-Known Member

Well, maybe with the help of a little blue pill.;)

PCHawk likes this.
  7. Ian Pike Hammer

Ian Pike Hammer Well-Known Member

R u talkin' dirty?

1hawkeye1 likes this.
  8. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

It's looks like Nebraska and NW are pure garbage (3)

Home games vs Penn State, Minnesota, Rutgers, illinois and Wisconsin (5)

There's 8 likely wins without even trying.

Right now ESPN BPI has Iowa going 13-7 in conference. It should be noted that BPI sorta inexplicably loves the shit out of Iowa right now.

1hawkeye1 and InGoodCo like this.
  9. Ian Pike Hammer

Take nothing for granted dude! BPI likes our depth, but it still has to be proven on the hardwood.

10. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say those games are automatic. We lost to Wisconsin and Rutgers at home last year.

11. Ian Pike Hammer

Street and Smith predicts Wisconsin to finish 5th in the conf. this year. While it's true they lost Ethan Happ [finally!] they return plenty of talent. Prolly as much as we do, if not more. You will probably recognize the names of their starting 5.

12. mopkins

mopkins King Kong

Not saying at all that those are automatic. i'm saying those are games where Iowa will be favored to win. Guess my point was its not like its completely out of the question for Iowa to finish .500 in the conference this year.

NikeHawk21 likes this.
  13. NikeHawk21

NikeHawk21 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think our conference schedule is pretty favorable this year.