Is there a single Big 10 player you really don't care for?

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by EstronHawkKing, Mar 15, 2019.

1. hoxrock

hoxrock Well-Known Member

Kris Kramer anyone?

2. oregonhawkeye

oregonhawkeye Well-Known Member

I was at that game too- and most of them between 1984 and 1998. You're right that Ed played on the edge. I just wouldn't prefer to lump him in with a shitbag like Davison. I appreciate your opinion.

3. kicker22

kicker22 Well-Known Member

I don't know, Davidson seems to be doing something right with regards to on court etiquette when he's mentioned in the same breath as former Duke choir boy Grayson Allen. Not many people can work their way into that conversation yet somehow he manages to get his name mentioned with the best of them.

4. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

I think it's fair to say that Iowa has 2 of the most hated players in the Big Ten between Connor and Luka.

and I love it!

Ree4, WindsorHawk and earlkoppelman like this.
  5. oregonhawkeye

oregonhawkeye Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're right. So long as it translates to the kind of toughness these two bring it's awesome.

ssckelley likes this.
  6. Grady

Grady Well-Known Member

I like Garza's energy, I like his game, I like his leadership...but I REALLY don't like his increasingly obnoxious behavior after he makes a key basket. Turning around to the opponent's bench, pulling your jersey and trash talking is flat-out bush league. Why not turn to your bench and celebrate with your teammates instead? Let your game do all the trash talking, and act like it's not the first time you've made a big shot in your life.

Seth53 likes this.
  7. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

CJ might be on that list too.

8. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

Cockburn is my most hated. Cockburn sucks bad.

9. uihawk82

uihawk82 Well-Known Member

10. ssckelley

ssckelley Well-Known Member

I missed this, I thought he was talking to the crowd.

I don't mind players that show emotion.

WindsorHawk likes this.
  11. Casey388

Casey388 Well-Known Member

Not just that, I am guessing Fredrick is getting on a few lists as well. These guys aren't afraid to talk but then let their game back it up.

ssckelley likes this.
  12. WindsorHawk

WindsorHawk Well-Known Member

I’ve seen Garza go over to opponents multiple times to make sure they’re okay after inadvertent contact, etc. There’s nothing bush league about his conduct on the court IMO. He has some swagger. But that confidence is what separates good players from All Americans.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  13. Grady

Grady Well-Known Member

Good point -- I've noticed that too. You can have swagger without trash talking, tho.

14. Seth53

Seth53 Well-Known Member

I agree and I've stated this before. Act like you've done it before. Elevate yourself above the immature nonsense. Let your actions and results do your talking. Crush, but respect, your opponents.

15. SpiderRico

SpiderRico Well-Known Member

How about we let college kids have fun? He isn’t punching guys’ junk, stomping on guys when they’re down, throwing baseball passes into guys’ faces, or any other bush league shit. If he wants to say a few things to the opposition, who the f cares?

16. PCHawk

PCHawk Well-Known Member

I said in a different thread that saying you should act like you've been there before is the same thing as saying you should act like you're not excited.

17. tksirius

tksirius HN's Love Doctor

[​IMG]